Lead Capture Tools

CMarketing23
Participant

Best practices for capturing two audiences on one form (business and personal email addresses)?

SOLVE

We have a unique situtation where we need one form to accept both personal (free) and business emails for two distinct audiences. We organize  (free/personal email address audience in the "Other" lifecycle stage and business into "Leads." We can easily do this segmentation with a workflow and a custom field asking which audeince some identifies with. My question is, we don't want the businesses using their free/personal email addresses on the form. Has anyone ever solved for the best way to "encourage" the use of a business email on a form when free email check box is off and also needs to be accepted?

2 Accepted solutions
CTA9
Solution
Contributor

Best practices for capturing two audiences on one form (business and personal email addresses)?

SOLVE

Hi @CMarketing23,

It is a significant problem for many businesses, but you can try below points;
1. Ask for the Business email address. Put filed name as "Enter your business email"
2. Give free perks for sharing business email addresses (Share ebook or case study)
Use help text to show that you are offering an ebook or case study for free if the user shares a business email address.

We have used the above strategy and seen a growth of 20% in getting business email addresses via forms.

Hope this will also help you 🙂
Thanks!

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@CMarketing23 could you make the email property dependent, and when domains like gmail, outlook, me are used, the dependent field of "business email too please" pops up? 

danmoyle_0-1673271991831.png

Then the "show" could be the custom property of Business Email. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
CTA9
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @CMarketing23,

It is a significant problem for many businesses, but you can try below points;
1. Ask for the Business email address. Put filed name as "Enter your business email"
2. Give free perks for sharing business email addresses (Share ebook or case study)
Use help text to show that you are offering an ebook or case study for free if the user shares a business email address.

We have used the above strategy and seen a growth of 20% in getting business email addresses via forms.

Hope this will also help you 🙂
Thanks!

CMarketing23
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the suggestion. I wish HubSpot had a "smart" email field that worked with a custom field as a progrssive form fill. 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@CMarketing23 could you make the email property dependent, and when domains like gmail, outlook, me are used, the dependent field of "business email too please" pops up? 

danmoyle_0-1673271991831.png

Then the "show" could be the custom property of Business Email. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
CTA9
Contributor

SOLVE

@CMarketing23

Yes, we also think that HS must have these kinds of fields in the form section but till that time, You can do this by implementing a custom form and push all data via HubSpot form API to HubSpot.

By this, you will have the freedom to implement progressive form field as per your requirements.

0 Upvotes