Lead Capture Tools

AvonKuhn
Participant

Automated form after demo request

SOLVE

Hi,

I would like to send leads that completed a form to request a demo on our website an automated questionnaire with follow-up questions so that our sales team can better prepare and we can potentially further filter out MQL from SQLs.

Thanks,

Anna

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AvonKuhn,

Which subscription level are you working with? Do you have Marketing Hub Professional?

Generally, you can set up automation after a form submission via simple automation, as explained here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/form-automations, or using contact-based workflows (Menu > Automation > Workflows) and automated emails: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-automated-emails-to-use-in-workflows

Such a workflow would be triggered by the form submission and then have one action, the send of the automated email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AvonKuhn,

If you want to share another form, you would also do so via marketing email. (The form needs to get to your contacts in some way, via some channel. The vehicle to send that form would also be an email.)

Within that email, you can link whatever you would like: link to your form, link to your survey. A conversion path could look like this:

1. Contact submits demo form.
  2. A contact-based workflow enrolls contacts who have submitted the demo form and delays for a few minutes before an automated email is sent´, linking to the follow-up form / survey.
  3. Contact submits follow-up form / survey.
  4. The contact record now features both the demo form submission and the follow-up form / survey form submission.

Alternatively, you after step 1, you could send contacts to a thank you page that already has the follow-up form / survey.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @AvonKuhn 

Just adding to @karstenkoehler's points.

One approach I have used in the past is to embed the second form into a thank you page. This works as follows and allows you to a few things:

1. Contact completes first form to request a demo
  2. That form is setup to link to a thank you page
  3. On that thank you page you thank them for the demo request and explain why you need some additional information
  4. You can then have a workflow that checks if the demo request was completed, add a delay (I don't know how quickly someone can book a demo, today, in 24h, in 2 days) and check if the second form has been submitted.
  5. If not you send a reminder email to please complete the 2nd form ahead of the demo call so you have all the information for a successful demo call. If they have already completed the second form the WF ends and nothing else needs to happen.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @AvonKuhn 

Just adding to @karstenkoehler's points.

One approach I have used in the past is to embed the second form into a thank you page. This works as follows and allows you to a few things:

1. Contact completes first form to request a demo
  2. That form is setup to link to a thank you page
  3. On that thank you page you thank them for the demo request and explain why you need some additional information
  4. You can then have a workflow that checks if the demo request was completed, add a delay (I don't know how quickly someone can book a demo, today, in 24h, in 2 days) and check if the second form has been submitted.
  5. If not you send a reminder email to please complete the 2nd form ahead of the demo call so you have all the information for a successful demo call. If they have already completed the second form the WF ends and nothing else needs to happen.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
AvonKuhn
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your immediate answer. Do I understand correctly, that I can only send an automated email with my questions, rather than another form/questionnaire that tey can complete?

Thanks,

Anna

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AvonKuhn,

If you want to share another form, you would also do so via marketing email. (The form needs to get to your contacts in some way, via some channel. The vehicle to send that form would also be an email.)

Within that email, you can link whatever you would like: link to your form, link to your survey. A conversion path could look like this:

1. Contact submits demo form.
  2. A contact-based workflow enrolls contacts who have submitted the demo form and delays for a few minutes before an automated email is sent´, linking to the follow-up form / survey.
  3. Contact submits follow-up form / survey.
  4. The contact record now features both the demo form submission and the follow-up form / survey form submission.

Alternatively, you after step 1, you could send contacts to a thank you page that already has the follow-up form / survey.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AvonKuhn,

Which subscription level are you working with? Do you have Marketing Hub Professional?

Generally, you can set up automation after a form submission via simple automation, as explained here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/form-automations, or using contact-based workflows (Menu > Automation > Workflows) and automated emails: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-automated-emails-to-use-in-workflows

Such a workflow would be triggered by the form submission and then have one action, the send of the automated email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

richstock
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler - is there a way to handle this without requiring the user to have confirmed their email address first? i.e. anyone who completes the form is sent the email regardless of if they subscribe?

0 Upvotes