Lead Capture Tools

SammiHG
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Auto-populate today's date in from field

SOLVE

Is it possible to put a default rolling date in a form field? So when a contact gets to the page, the field is filled with today's date, not just a pre-determined one. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Prakhar,

Why do you pre-fill the date field on the website form? I'd recommend to not use a default value here at all. It's currently not possible to have self-updating default date values, unfortunately, so that'd be the only option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @SammiHG,

I'm David from the hapily support team! We just released an app called Tick Tock Today that would solve your problem. It creates a today's date property on your objects and updates it daily based on your timezone. Check it out here.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Prakhar,

Why do you pre-fill the date field on the website form? I'd recommend to not use a default value here at all. It's currently not possible to have self-updating default date values, unfortunately, so that'd be the only option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Prakhar and @NSandhu,

This is already possible, albeit only in Professional and Enterprise portals. It can be achieved with a simple workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1619496571648.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Prakhar
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler 

We are looking at giving an option to the user - to select a date on which they want to take a demo from us.

A date field in a form.
Last time I updated the form 4 months ago - so the default value visible on the form is from 4 months ago..

For example this one here. Clicking on this date - shows the calendar. Logically - past dates should be greyed out and disabled and only future date selection should be allowed.

Prakhar_0-1621011076863.png

0 Upvotes
NSandhu
Participant

SOLVE

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet?

0 Upvotes
Prakhar
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same problem.

I have a date field on a form - where we want to capture the date on which the user would want to book a demo on our website.

This date field is then connected with our Salesforce and pushes this date to Salesforce so that our sales reps know when to set up a meeting with this contact.

This becomes a problem when the placeholder date becomes older. Lets say if we open the page today on 25th January, and it shows 15th January prefilled. A bad user experience.. Pre populating will reduce 1 click.

Also in usual HTML forms, our developer used to create this function with rolling date (according to the user's timezone).

Further he would also detect the day of the week and trigger different Thank you e-mails on a weekend and a weekday.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @SammiHG,

While this isn't a default functionality right now, I found this idea that requests the same thing. I would recommend giving it an upvote and also adding your use cases and thoughts to the thread. 

Thanks,
Jenny