Lead Capture Tools

CFalstad
Contributor

Auto-populate info into a property from a form

SOLVE

Hello!

Is there any way information captured in a form can be auto-populated into a company property? 

Our Sales Director would like for an RFP Date to be captured in a post close survey form and then have that date auto-populated into the RFD Date company property. 

I do not believe this is possible, but want to make sure I am not missing any functionality within the form. 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

Forms support contact, company and ticket properties (if they're support forms). Deal properties cannot be updated through forms.

(However, you could use a workflow to copy a contact or company value into a deal.)

And yes, as long as the RFP date is a date property in HubSpot and as long as it's a contact or a company property, you can place it in a form and it will populate on the contact or company record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Can this only happen for contact properties? Or can it be done for a deal or company properties? Again, we're trying to get an RFP Date to populate from a completed form. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

Forms support contact, company and ticket properties (if they're support forms). Deal properties cannot be updated through forms.

(However, you could use a workflow to copy a contact or company value into a deal.)

And yes, as long as the RFP date is a date property in HubSpot and as long as it's a contact or a company property, you can place it in a form and it will populate on the contact or company record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler I am going to test this out with an RFP Date in a form. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler 

I wanting to know if information provided in a FORM, can be automatically transferred into, captured into a PROPERTY?  I am completing a form, can that information then populate into the ACTUAL field in HubSpot?  I understand the information is captured in the form. But can that information automatically transferred into an actual field in a property?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

This is default behavior. When someone submits a form with a contact property field "Email" and a company property field "Company name", and they input "janedoe@acme.com" and "ACME", then these two values are automatically stored within the contact and company property.

In the HubSpot forms editor, it's not possible to add a form field that is not automatically linked to a property. Once filled and submitted, the property will be populated accordingly, always.

Are you experiencing the opposite in any way?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

Yes, this is possible. Simply use the search bar in the top left to pick company properties.

karstenkoehler_0-1661178997813.png

If a company property doesn't show up, check the property settings and make sure it's set to be displayed in forms.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler 

thank you for the reply, but I think there may be some confusion. What I am asking is: can information captured into form can be automatically transferred to a company property? Example: I am completing a form and put in an RFP Date IN the form, can that information automatically be transferred into that same property?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFalstad,

Could you specify what you mean by that? A company form field is tied directly to a company property – whatever is put in the form is automatically stored in a company property.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes