Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Auto-populate form fields without using a query string

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I researching a method of auto populating form fields on a URL and I came across this post that specify that this can be done by appending a query string : https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-q...

Although this method works, I was wondering is there any other ways of doing this withouth using query strings?

Many thanks,

Hugh

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Community Thought Leader

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I was wondering is there any other ways of [auto populating form fields on a URL] without using query strings??

Short A: Of course. HubSpot uses cookie tracking on forms by default.

- see Customize cookie tracking settings and privacy policy alert

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply.

Im not 100% sure if the cookies option will get the outcome I'm trying to achieve.

I am going to going to embed the same shared form on multiple pages on my site. There will be a dropdown <select> field in this form, is it possible that certain values on this dropdown will be preselect based on the url of the page?

Perhaps using the methods described in the following article? https://developers.hubspot.com/manipulating-forms-with-jquery

Thanks,

Hugh

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Totally different question.

Of course you may opt to use whichever method you like, but query strings are the easiest way to pre-populate form selections.

However, as soon as you mentioned "based on the url of the page" we're talking javascript. At least that would be my approach to the problem based on limited info.

Good luck with your project.

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

0 Upvotes