Lead Capture Tools

thecommodore
Participant

All non-HubSpot forms show up as a single form in HubSpot

I'm in the process of setting up and evalusting HubSpot for integration with my WordPress/WooCommere website.

My site uses Contact Form 7 (CF7).  I have 3 CF7 forms on differnt pages of my site.  No pages have more than 1 from on it.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 4.40.27 AM.png

In HubSpot, I only see a single "non-HubSpot form."  All 3 of my active CF7 forms post are submitting to the same form on HubSpot.  As you can see below, there are 4 submissions.  2 of them came from 1 CF7 form on my site and the other 2 came from 2 other CF7 forms on different pages on my site.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 4.34.50 AM.png

While I can tell within that form where each came from, I cannot control which mailchimp lists each source form came from unless I can see them as separate forms in HubSpot.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 9.30.42 AM.png

I can't find any documentation that indicates there is a 1 form limit for CF7 forms, nor can I find any way to change the form identifier: ".wpcf7-form"  The details on HubSpot show no identifiers for this form:

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 7.09.30 AM.png

Please advise.

3 Replies 3
thecommodore
Participant

Okay, I solved this, but surprised I didn't find the solution elsewhere.  HubSpot seems to use the CSS class name as the unique identifier.   Contact Form 7 automatically assigns the class name ".wpcf7" to every form element including the form itself, ".wpcf7-form"

This is done so you can apply the same styles to all your CF7 form elements, sitewide.

Not sure why HubSpot picked a non-unique variable for the unique identifier, but alas, you can override the class name in your Contact Form 7 shortcode as follows:

[contact-form-7 id="XXXX" title="My Form Title" html_class=“unique-class-name-for-hubspot”]

Since doing that, HubSpot now sees the new form:  Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 8.23.59 AM.png

Dear HubSpot.  This was a 3-hour journey that could have easily been solved by a couple lines of documentation or using a unique value for your unique form identifier rather than the default CF7 class name.

disenograficomx
Participant

Thanks a lot, you saved me those 3 hours or more of searching, 

now a funny think happening in my side, is that 2 cf7 forms are updating the same contact created by the first form submission, i will need to research on that too

0 Upvotes
Socialspike

I'm having this same issue, where do you actually make this edit? I can't find how to actually make this change.

0 Upvotes