Lead Capture Tools

anniehorigan

Advanced Targeting via List Membership for imported contacts?

SOLVE

Hi there! I'm having trouble testing and understanding both smart content based on list membership, and advanced targeting for Pop-up forms/Chatbots for contacts imported or pushed to HubSpot via integration.

The goal is to use list membership for advanced targeting in a Pop-up form.  Some of the contacts in the list are pushed via integration, and thus, in theory not 'tracked' yet by HubSpot.  

Will advanced targeting work in this scenario?  If not, can someone help clarify how the  contacts imported via integration can become 'tracked' so that smart rules and/or advanced targeting rules will apply to them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @anniehorigan 

As far as I know, the only ways for a contact to become tracked, and therefore eligible to see smart content etc, are them submitting a form or clicking a linking on a marketing email sent specifically to them. Unless they do one of these, they are effectively anonymous on your website, even if they are in your database. 

If the integration can configured to use HubSpot's form submit API and pass the analytics cookie along with the contact details, this contact can be tracked. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @anniehorigan 

As far as I know, the only ways for a contact to become tracked, and therefore eligible to see smart content etc, are them submitting a form or clicking a linking on a marketing email sent specifically to them. Unless they do one of these, they are effectively anonymous on your website, even if they are in your database. 

If the integration can configured to use HubSpot's form submit API and pass the analytics cookie along with the contact details, this contact can be tracked. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
anniehorigan

SOLVE

Thank you @Phil_Vallender ..this is helpful.  I'll dig a little deeper into the integration and whether or not it's possible to pass an analytics cookie + other contact details, although I'm going to venture to guess no on the cookies piece 🙂 ... Thanks again for the quick response on this one.

0 Upvotes