Lead Capture Tools

sharath
Participante | Parceiro Diamante
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Adding drop down to the country field

resolver

Hi,

the default country field in Hubspot has single line text, I want to make it a drop-down field, with a list of countries to select. Any idea on how to do this?

Regards,

Sharath

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @sharath

This is a great step to take and easily done in the property settings. Here's a little video showing you how: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/zkrhsVxRgs

Basically, switch Country to a dropdown and load the supplied list of countries. 

Be aware, if you already have data in the country property, back it up before making this change as doing so will delete whats already there. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

22 Respostas 22
DanLeBlanc
Participante

resolver

I found this to be an issue as well.

I found that I could not do it for the Company Country/Region field, although the Contact Country/Region field instructions are here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/sync-salesforce-state-and-country-picklists-with-hubspot-st....

It would appear HubSpot does not allow this for the Company field, which is actually the more important object given the SFDC/HubSpot sync. 

I've contacted HubSpot for guidance on this and expect a reply shortly. But having the functionality (if possible since I went through a complete data backup, delete, then reimport after finding out I couldn't do it in Company) is more important in the Company object than Contact object.

tjgarland
Participante

resolver

That only works for CONTACTS and you can't do that for COMPANY records. Is there a way to do this  for COMPANY records as well?

adrianhernandez
Membro

resolver

Any reply to this? I am stucked with the same, I'd like to dropdown the country field on Companys.

Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @sharath

This is a great step to take and easily done in the property settings. Here's a little video showing you how: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/zkrhsVxRgs

Basically, switch Country to a dropdown and load the supplied list of countries. 

Be aware, if you already have data in the country property, back it up before making this change as doing so will delete whats already there. 

Hope this helps.

TomV
Membro

resolver

What about Company properties?

0 Avaliação positiva
Jkvet
Participante

resolver

Hey @Phil_Vallender ,

If I change the contact property for country to be a drop down list will it affect the current contacts or only the forms where this property is used?

Thank you!

0 Avaliação positiva
Bfroyen21
Participante

resolver

Hi Phil - do you have any advice how to put the original values back into the country field once you have the dropdown selections installed?

Thanks

Bart

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @Bfroyen21 

The quickest and easiest way is to clean up your Excel backup of the data, so that all the values match new options, and import that property back in. 

Hope this helps.

Rastaffel
Participante

resolver

Hi, Phil,

Many thanks for your help on this topic already. So far I have:

• Exported of all the contacts that have a country field so I can clean it up
  • Done a bulk edit in HS to remove all country info

I'm still unable to change the country propery to a dropdown because it's called for in 18 things--workflows, reports, lists, forms, and required as a contact property. Do I need to delete all 18 of those things? Only some of them?

Any help you can provide would be golden! Thank you!

Rebecca

0 Avaliação positiva
Rastaffel
Participante

resolver

Hey, everyone!

I went for it, so I'll answer my own question! Yes, you have to delete all 18 of those things! I recommend taking screenshots and exporting what you can. I'm fixing it all back up now! Had to hold my breath and go for it, but feeling good now! 🙂

CarlyStevens
Participante

resolver

Hey @Phil_Vallender  - I am just looking to do this, but Hubspot won't actually let me change the type of field because it is in use. I have created a backup country field which has the country data in it. Do I need to disassociate everything currently using that field before I can change it?

JCMO_Kayleigh
Participante

resolver

Hi there,

This was great -  I managed to figure out where I could access the fields to change, however when I try and change them they're greyed out and show this message:

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 08.46.06.png

Is it to do with my account permissions or is just the case I don't pay for the package that allows me to change it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kayleigh

0 Avaliação positiva
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @JCMO_Kayleigh,

You should be able to change this property type in any portal for the contact property country. 

If other users in your portal are experiencing this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jenny

vishnulohar
Membro

resolver

I use Hubspot free crm and I need to create drop down list in Country, State/ Region, City.

0 Avaliação positiva
eaviran
Membro

resolver

When i try to add new property i cannot assign any field beside the single-line text.

I cannot create lets say a new  dropdown select property. All options are in gray i cannot select any of them.

0 Avaliação positiva
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @t-grant,

Can you confirm you're creating a contact record and that you have the necessary permissions? 

Additionally, I would recommend confirming this occurs across multiple browsers, after clearing your cache and cookies, and in an incognito window. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
eaviran
Membro

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Thank you for putting me on the right direction. It simpely not working in chrome but works on Edge. I did waste lots of time on that stupied issue. Thanks

0 Avaliação positiva
t-grant
Participante

resolver

How do I back up the info so any already there isnt wiped?

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @t-grant

You can either use a workflow to copy the info into a free text field for backup, or you can export the data to a spreadsheet. The latter might be more useful as you can use this approach to clean up the data and import it back into the new dropdown property. 

Hope this helps.

0 Avaliação positiva
t-grant
Participante

resolver

Hi Phil,

sorry if I'm being slow with this - but I am new to hubspot so I am not sure how I do all of this - could you send me a loom video to show me the best way to do this in terms of exporting and then importing the data again? I want to do it as soon as possible. 

also - does it only affect any data that has been added since hubspot has been live or will it be all of the data in salesforce that is pre-existing?

thanks

0 Avaliação positiva