Lead Capture Tools

EnesCinar
Contributor

Adding 'click text' to CTAs/buttons

SOLVE

Hi all,

We have 'Send' button in one of our form which locates in website. I try to perform integration between Google Tag Manager and Hubspot, and for the accurate results I need to determine 'click text' for some buttons.

When I check some buttons' click text, it says 'undefined'. That's why I want to give specific name them to get accurate Google Tag manager analysis and precise intergration. How can I add 'click text's to my buttons?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
vbrech
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello. That screenshot looks like an embedded HubSpot form or perhaps a HubSpot popup form. In either case, I think you don't have much control over the markup, "awkward" or not (cf. developer documentation here).

You mention there is a CTA that *does* have the sort of markup you are looking for. Can you maybe share a link, or explain whether it is also in a form or a standalone CTA (the latter is a separate tool, so the markup would be expected to be different from the submit button in a form)?

Since you want to trigger off a HubSpot form submission, I think you can use "global form events", see https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/global-form-events These events should reliably occur in the course of any HubSpot form submission.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
vbrech
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello. That screenshot looks like an embedded HubSpot form or perhaps a HubSpot popup form. In either case, I think you don't have much control over the markup, "awkward" or not (cf. developer documentation here).

You mention there is a CTA that *does* have the sort of markup you are looking for. Can you maybe share a link, or explain whether it is also in a form or a standalone CTA (the latter is a separate tool, so the markup would be expected to be different from the submit button in a form)?

Since you want to trigger off a HubSpot form submission, I think you can use "global form events", see https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/global-form-events These events should reliably occur in the course of any HubSpot form submission.

EnesCinar
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to solve what Jadon does that in his/her situtation in that post.

Thanks,

Enes

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EnesCinar ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

I did a bit of research and found this Community post (CTA event tracking in Google Tag Manager), where you might find a solution. 

@mike-ward  & @linusgrundstromwhat would you suggest? Thank you!

Cheers,

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

EnesCinar
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

I can't implement the solution which is mentioned in the your tagged blog unfortunately.

Regards

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EnesCinar,

apologies for the delay. I'll be glad to investigate this with you.

It would be great if you could provide some additional information so we're able to assist you better:

1. Could you please share a screenshot of the CTA and the 'undefined' text you mentioned in your post?
  2. If you've already integrated Google Tag Manager with HubSpot and set up a few tags - have they been installed correctly or are you seeing any errors? You can use the Google Tag Assistant to troubleshoot the installation. 

Thank you,

Mia. 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

EnesCinar
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks for your attention. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 09.07.22.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 09.11.15.png

For the first one, we have a button called "Subscribe" in our website. When I clicked it, it has awkard click class and its click element is general. The other elements such as Click Text is also undefined as you can see. That's why I can't track the event for the clicking subscription. In addition, I can't define any click text to this button same as "Send" button.

However, some of other CTA's has proper click text, for example;

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 09.10.26.png

For the second one, the other tags and events installed correctly, and I can check it from the Google Tag Assistant. My challenge is having trouble with defining events/tags with some CTAs

Regards,

Enes

0 Upvotes