Lead Capture Tools

SarahN
Contributor

Adding a Contact Owner Meeting Link to a CTA

SOLVE

Am I crazy? I feel like this should definitely be an option and maybe I'm just not finding it. 

The way it's working right now is that I have a beautiful marketing email full of gorgeous images and CTAs and then an ugly long meeting link throw into the mix. We should definitely be allowed to use the Contact Owner > Meeting Link token as the link in a CTA.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not seeing?

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"But I don't really understand how I would take that property and allow it to auto-fill the CTA link field for automated emails."

Sorry, thought I was clear about that. You can't add personalization tokens to HubSpot CTAs. (yet) That example is unrelated but shows the high-level 'personalization token in email' concept.

The current solution is to take the custom property and use it in a standard image link (that looks like a button). Think like this ...

-- custom contact property is named 'Owner Meeting Link' (internal name = owner_meeting_link)

-- WF sets Owner Meeting Link to "https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/frank"

Example:

{{contact.owner_meeting_link}}, when used in an email whose Owner Meeting Link is 'https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/frank', would yield a link as follows:

https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/frank

Here's the actual code that would go in the email ... (except we'd use an image instead of text)

<div><a href="{{contact.owner_meeting_link}}">Book A Meeting Text</a></div>

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

erinhartje
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I also had a solution that worked for me (I am not a coder so this was easier) - it will work if you have a few sales people. It will also show the button instead of a link which is nice. The button will show a different contact owner's meeting link based on the contact owner listed in Hubspot for the contact seeing the CTA.

I first created an active contact list for each salesperson by list membership from website leads (we have an existing list of people who filled out the form on our website) and contact owner is that person. Then I created a smart CTA with a smart rule for each sales person to show their own meeting link when the new contact is in their list (basically assigned to them).

It was easy to do and it worked! I added the smart CTA in my email and it shows the different link based on who the contact is assigned to. YAY!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Axel_Concha
Participant

SOLVE

Do you have if I can embed the owner calendar in a lading page? thanks

0 Upvotes
HugoVenter

SOLVE

While you cannot use personalisation in CTAs, you can use them in URL and text fields on buttons. I needed to create an email with a unique meeting link button for each contact owner. The solution was as simple as this:

HugoVenter_0-1636517526332.png

mlasuzzo
Participant

SOLVE

Automation is important in every industry...so that is why this should be an option under the button module. Similiar to how personalization just adds in the field, I don't see why Hubspot would have a hard time deving this to become a url when added to a button or when simply added to an email...just adding the text of the meeting link (like when you add the personalization: Contact Owner > Meeting Link) doesn't do a whole lot!

Small teams like mine don't have time to go and create 40 smart rules for each salesperson. This should be a no brainer for them!

erinhartje
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I also had a solution that worked for me (I am not a coder so this was easier) - it will work if you have a few sales people. It will also show the button instead of a link which is nice. The button will show a different contact owner's meeting link based on the contact owner listed in Hubspot for the contact seeing the CTA.

I first created an active contact list for each salesperson by list membership from website leads (we have an existing list of people who filled out the form on our website) and contact owner is that person. Then I created a smart CTA with a smart rule for each sales person to show their own meeting link when the new contact is in their list (basically assigned to them).

It was easy to do and it worked! I added the smart CTA in my email and it shows the different link based on who the contact is assigned to. YAY!

SarahN
Contributor

SOLVE

That's WAY easier than this other route. Smart!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

UPDATED:

Ok @SarahN, so no, you're not missing anything.

Meeting tokens (in the sales tool) are not the same as contact tokens, so their functionality doesn't translate directly into the marketing tool. Also, personalization tokens in CTAs still wasn't supported HubSpot functionality (last we checked).

One easy workaround is to have a workflow store the contact owner's meeting link in a custom contact property. Once you do that ... the rest is pretty straight forward ...

Build a button, using either CSS or an image and assign your custom personalization token to the link for that button.

- see unrelated example

Basically, an 'ole-school CTA' (before HubSpot was born). haha 😉

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
SarahN
Contributor

SOLVE

Manually doing things!?  *exasperated sigh* Haha, I'm just kidding. Thanks Frank!

I think what I'll probably end up doing, since I'm using the new email builder and I'm more comfortable with that, is create a separate workflow for each assignable Account Manager. And then clone the email, one for each Account Manager, and then attach them to the WF respectively. 

So basically:

• One WF would round-robin assign the Account Manager. 
  • Each Account Manager will have their own WF to auto-send out the "Welcome Email" that is assigned to them with their individual contact information.
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yea @SarahN, "my name is Frank and I'm addicted to automation." 🙂

I get what your plan is, but don't understand how that's any less labor-intensive. And, as far as one WF per Account Manager ... ok, maybe for a small team, but quickly unmanageable for larger teams even if you clone the WFs.

Just a thought. Good luck on your project.

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
SarahN
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm not too savvy with using UTM codes, like shown in your example. I could do a personalized property token for the Account Manager's meeting link pretty easily. But I don't really understand how I would take that property and allow it to auto-fill the CTA link field for automated emails. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"But I don't really understand how I would take that property and allow it to auto-fill the CTA link field for automated emails."

Sorry, thought I was clear about that. You can't add personalization tokens to HubSpot CTAs. (yet) That example is unrelated but shows the high-level 'personalization token in email' concept.

The current solution is to take the custom property and use it in a standard image link (that looks like a button). Think like this ...

-- custom contact property is named 'Owner Meeting Link' (internal name = owner_meeting_link)

-- WF sets Owner Meeting Link to "https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/frank"

Example:

{{contact.owner_meeting_link}}, when used in an email whose Owner Meeting Link is 'https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/frank', would yield a link as follows:

https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/frank

Here's the actual code that would go in the email ... (except we'd use an image instead of text)

<div><a href="{{contact.owner_meeting_link}}">Book A Meeting Text</a></div>

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
SarahN
Contributor

SOLVE

Ah! Ok, that makes sense. And that definitely seems easier. I wish the new email builder better supported this. But I guess I can always link an image, like you said, instead of using the CTA buttons. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes