Lead Capture Tools

MAltmann

Accounting for blank fields in auto-populated form fields with a query string

Using this blog as a reference , we've been able to build out Query Strings successfully with our forms and through email campaigns. 

When pulling in a Query though, is there a way to account for when we do not have the information. Say we're missing a phone number for someone and we want them to populate that field? Can the query account for leaving that field blank. Using the steps in the above blog post, the result for fields we do not have information for is to create add the field name in as the value (i.e. we don't have their last name so "Last Name" was entered in the field. Is there a way to create an if/then situation here?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
SamanthaA
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Accounting for blank fields in auto-populated form fields with a query string

Hey @MAltmann ,

Thanks for reaching out about this! Sounds like you are using the option "Create dynamic query strings with personalization tokens (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, Legacy Marketing Hub Basic only)," is that right? I believe what you are describing is the fall-back value of the personalization token being populated when the contact doesn't have a known value. 

I know in marketing emails it is required to have a default value for any personalization token you use, but I am not certain if it is required for query strings. What you could try is navigating to Settings > Marketing > Email > Configuration > Default values for email personalization and setting blank values for the properties you are pulling and then test to see if that solves the issue.

If you are using this feature it means you are a paying customer, so you are also welcome to reach out to use on the Support Team at any time via the steps in this article.

Thanks again, be sure to thread with any follow-up q's and anyone in our Community can provide input!

Best,

Sam

0 Upvotes