Lead Capture Tools

jvveen
Participant

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Hubspot and found out you can have multiple landing pages using the same form and adjust much of the behaviour per landing page (follow up, redirect page, style). Landing pages provide their statistics too.

So what is your best practice?
- have a form for each landing page?
- have a form for each asset (piece of gated content, webinar)?

- share as much as possible default generic forms?

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers

Jan

2 Accepted solutions
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

Hi @jvveen,

It's a great question and something I've seen different techniques employed for over the years. Personally I prefer to go with a unique form per landing page. There are a couple of reasons as to why I would do this:

• ORGANIZATION: There is no limit to the amount of forms you can have in HubSpot and you're able to organize them into folders to make management easier.
  • DATA CAPTURE: I might want to capture different pieces of information on the form depending on the landing page it's being used on.
  • REPORTING: Each form has it's own unique performance so it can be helpful in some instances to break down conversions per form. It's also very easy to report on the performance of all of your forms via the analyze tab. More information on that here. 

Technically speaking there is nothing wrong with using a single form across multiple landing pages. It's certainly easier for you to manage but you're going to lose the flexibility based on the points above. Also worth noting if you are segmenting your contacts using lists or automating processes using workflows you're going to be able to select a form and break it down by the page it was submitted on - so regardless of what path you take your not going to hit a roadblock here:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 8.58.34 AM.png

They're just my own thoughts - I'd be interested myself to see what others on the community feel about the best approach to take...

I hope this is helpful.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

aalvarado
Solution
Contributor

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

When I started out in HuSpot I faced the same dilema.

I chose to create a form for each type of content: webinar, case study, white paper, presentations, PDf downloads, etc. 

The benefits of doing it this way:

1. You can easily see which type of content is more popular with your audience and what type of content has the best conversion rate.

2. You can easily adjust  the number of fields or change form fields for each type of content. Update one form rather than 30+ for each webinar.

FYI: I send follow-up emails through the landing page or workflows.

The disadvantage of doing it this way:

1. The form analytics are for the group not the form, so I use the landing page analytics for views, submissions and conversions. For me this is benefit not a detriment. That is unless the form is embedded on a webpage that is not a HubSpot landing page, I have yet to find out where I can see the analytics for just that one page's form usage.

2. As far as I can tell, if you embed the form on a page, you have to send follow-up emails via a workflow. For me, this is not a detriment but it could be for others.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
FilipSoSe
Participant

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

It seems one reason to use a new form per landing page is reporting on form submissions - unlike with workflows and lists, choosing a Form Submission does not allow you to specify on which page the submission happened as a filter. Can someone confirm this?

0 Upvotes
aalvarado
Solution
Contributor

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

When I started out in HuSpot I faced the same dilema.

I chose to create a form for each type of content: webinar, case study, white paper, presentations, PDf downloads, etc. 

The benefits of doing it this way:

1. You can easily see which type of content is more popular with your audience and what type of content has the best conversion rate.

2. You can easily adjust  the number of fields or change form fields for each type of content. Update one form rather than 30+ for each webinar.

FYI: I send follow-up emails through the landing page or workflows.

The disadvantage of doing it this way:

1. The form analytics are for the group not the form, so I use the landing page analytics for views, submissions and conversions. For me this is benefit not a detriment. That is unless the form is embedded on a webpage that is not a HubSpot landing page, I have yet to find out where I can see the analytics for just that one page's form usage.

2. As far as I can tell, if you embed the form on a page, you have to send follow-up emails via a workflow. For me, this is not a detriment but it could be for others.

I hope this helps.

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

Hi @jvveen,

It's a great question and something I've seen different techniques employed for over the years. Personally I prefer to go with a unique form per landing page. There are a couple of reasons as to why I would do this:

• ORGANIZATION: There is no limit to the amount of forms you can have in HubSpot and you're able to organize them into folders to make management easier.
  • DATA CAPTURE: I might want to capture different pieces of information on the form depending on the landing page it's being used on.
  • REPORTING: Each form has it's own unique performance so it can be helpful in some instances to break down conversions per form. It's also very easy to report on the performance of all of your forms via the analyze tab. More information on that here. 

Technically speaking there is nothing wrong with using a single form across multiple landing pages. It's certainly easier for you to manage but you're going to lose the flexibility based on the points above. Also worth noting if you are segmenting your contacts using lists or automating processes using workflows you're going to be able to select a form and break it down by the page it was submitted on - so regardless of what path you take your not going to hit a roadblock here:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 8.58.34 AM.png

They're just my own thoughts - I'd be interested myself to see what others on the community feel about the best approach to take...

I hope this is helpful.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
jvveen
Participant

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

A reason to use one single form for several webinars and related landing pages is that I have 1 zap on zapier triggering on one form. A hidden field in the form makes sure the zap adds the registrant to the right webinar in zoom.

Using a separate form for each webinar would require multiple zaps and more admin when launching new events.

In this case, I think I would be willing to sacrifice some flexibility, as these webinars are more for engaging an existing community and less of lead generation.

jvveen
Participant

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

Hi @jackcoldrick 

Thanks for your elaborated answer.

Just to be sure I really get you, I would have 3 ebooks, I would have a form for each, and potentially have that form on several landing pages or other pages.

Reason for checking is the picture you included at the end of your answer, where the form seems general for ebooks, used for different ebooks on different pages.

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

1 Form per Landing Page?

SOLVE

Hi @jvveen,

That picture probably wasn't the best idea given the name of the form. What I was trying to show is that if you have a form it doesn't matter where it's being used as you can easily segment and automate based on the page it was submitted from. So I could have 1 form used on 100 different landing pages for instance.

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes