Knowledge Base Tool

PhilippNovotny
Participant

same information over multiple knowledge base articles

Hello HubSpotler,

I have the same content that needs to be shared over multiple knowledge base articles. Is it possible to have a kind of master information block that I can embed in my articles. When I change the master, the other articles should be updated automatically.

How would I do this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
PhilippNovotny
Participant

To all who have a similar desire. There is a workaround. Nevertheless, a more user friendly solution would be great!

### WORKAROUND ###

You can use the </>Embed - function to embed an external source.

If you can store files within HubSpot, you can also access this storage.

Here is some example code where you create a frame.

<div style="position: relative; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%; padding-bottom: 56.5%; margin: 0px;">

<iframe src="https://www.google.com" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: medium none;" width="200" height="113" frameborder="0">

</iframe>

</div>

The issue I currently have is, that the cache setup of most browsers keep the "old" information. Therefore you'll need a hard refresh of the webpage to get the information not from the cache but from the original origin.

I'm not that into scripting, therefore I've not figured out a suitable and reliable solution for retrieving the desired information, yet.

Options are either refreshing the whole page or better in my example, just the <div> element.

Any help here would be appreciated to have a good working workaround available.

Currently the below script works refreshing the page after some time but just once at the beginning would be enough.

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
setInterval(function(){
$("#mydiv").load(window.location.reload(true)+ " #mydiv" );
}, 3000);
});
</script>

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PhilippNovotny 

Thank you for reaching out! 

This is not possible within HubSpot at this stage but I can see how it could be useful for you and other users. I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it, and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine 

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !