Knowledge Base Tool

hubspotgreg

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

I am trying to keep track of all user interatction with the system. How can I view an audit trail of user logins and actions taken?

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: How can I view an audit trail of user logins and actions taken??

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

While some of this functionality may become available at the HubSpot Enterprise level, no user-centric audit trail is currently native to HubSpot. That being said, we are able to view audit trails for most properties directly from within those records.

Example - Audit Contact Owner History: (see image)

Audit Contact Owner HistoryAudit Contact Owner History

Example: Audit Became An MQL Date History: (see image)

Audit Became An MQL Date HistoryAudit Became An MQL Date History

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Hi, 

I wanted to share this relevant feature that is now available: super admins with an Enterprise subscription are able to use a centralized audit log with flexible filters to analyze user activity. More information can be found in this Knowledge base article

FYI @TEdwards4, @RD24By7 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Hi, 

I wanted to share this relevant feature that is now available: super admins with an Enterprise subscription are able to use a centralized audit log with flexible filters to analyze user activity. More information can be found in this Knowledge base article

FYI @TEdwards4, @RD24By7 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

TEdwards4
Contributor

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Hey, is there an update on the Audit Trial functionality anywhere?

0 Upvotes
RD24By7
Participant

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

I would also like to see this information - audit logs and audit trails of what actions were done by a user within a defined period of time.  This is a basic requirement for any system - so that administrators can keep track of data deletions, possibly malicious modifications, etc. I am honestly shocked that there is no audit trail in HubSpot.

JenniferErena
Contributor

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Audit trail is important and available in most electronic records. I suggest adding this feature.  
Also a practical reason - we have a goal for our sales people to add 10 new companies per month - but there's not a great way to report on this.  There is an interesting Original Source Data 2, which includes "userId:12345678", but there's not an easy way to correlated that userId with a name, which is rather odd.
I am going to look for an idea to support on this topic.  

Flora
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Hello! 

My name is Flora Wang and I am a PM at HubSpot. We are investigating the need for audit logs now and I would love to chat with anyone if you have time! Send me an email at flora@hubspot.com

Best,

Flora

Lorna-M
Participant

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Hi Flora - was a solution ever put in place for this? Thanks, Lorna

jshim
Participant

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

I would also like to request this - I would like to see a log of all user actions and changes made to the system. This would be helpful in tracking down instances in which changes are made - if this was available via the API, that would be useful as well.

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: How can I view an audit trail of user logins and actions taken??

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

While some of this functionality may become available at the HubSpot Enterprise level, no user-centric audit trail is currently native to HubSpot. That being said, we are able to view audit trails for most properties directly from within those records.

Example - Audit Contact Owner History: (see image)

Audit Contact Owner HistoryAudit Contact Owner History

Example: Audit Became An MQL Date History: (see image)

Audit Became An MQL Date HistoryAudit Became An MQL Date History

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Thank you for explaining this so clearly!!! Your answer should be a knowledge base entry!

SecureSky

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

Can I get to this informaiton via API?  Would like to also get login audit logs as well -   Mike

H-Rob
Participant

User Audit Trail

SOLVE

I'd also like to see an audit trail on files/documents - when they were last updated, etc. We can only see the date - not who did the latest update to the file. Thanks