Knowledge Base Tool

SRopiha
Participant

Unsure how to publish our knowledge base articles

Hi, we have Service Hub Professional subscription so we are able to utilise the full knowledge base functionality. However, we are having debates in the office and there seems to be two opinions on how we should publish our articles. One camp wants to use your tool for editing our kb articles (and use the functionality of the bot, search facilities etc.), the other camp wants to write the articles internally (using word or google docs) then convert to a PDF then upload the PDF to the tool and publish to our webpages. This option means the end-user will click on an articles page then open a PDF file (I think, because to be honest I cannot really visualise how this works). The supporters of this option claim the PDF can still behave like a kb article and give end-user the same experience as the other option. I find this very hard to believe.
The subject matter expert does not have access to HubSpot so would not be able to use HubSpot to write the articles so hence why they are pushing for word/google/pdf option, to maintain one source of the truth and avoid kb articles getting out of sync.
So to settle this argument, could you advise if 1) the PDF option would be able to fully utilise the HubSpot functionality? and 2) do you have suggestions which could support the HubSpot option, in particular how to maintain one source of truth without necessarily using HubSpot as the area for document control, only document publishing? Thank you

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
JJames46

I don't know that appended PDFs would be watchword listed and looked as well as real article content, if by any means.

DevIsland99
Participant

I'm not sure that attached PDFs would be keyword indexed and searched as well as actual article content, if at all.  

SRopiha
Participant

Thank you DevIsland99

0 Upvotes