Knowledge Base Tool

Honorable
Colaborador

Restricting categories or article access

resolver

Greetings,

We have connected our Hubspot KB through a button in our product- there is no email/password requirement for access.

We have two verticals.  Vertical A has complete access to our product, and as such should have access to all Knowledge base articles across all categories.

Vertical B has limited product access, and several articles relevant to Vertical A are irrelevant (and would cause unneeded confusion) for Vertical B.

Keeping in mind we have no requirement for credentials, how can we limit what Vertical B can access in the Knowledge Base?  Suggestions appreciated.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Kevin-C
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner

resolver

Hey @Honorable 

and thank you for the tag @kvlschaefer 

So you may have an option using cookies if you cannot use membership. Essentially you can access basic Hubspot contact properties based when the user is cookied. So have a form that redirects to a page with 

dynamic data provided via hubl. I believe you may be able to access list membership with the cookie and thus have the ability to provided the different content based on the users list membership. No hair Inter but a POC could be built rather quickly to test it!

not at my desk or I would provided more details. Hopefully this gets you going!

beat

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Kevin-C
Solución

resolver

Hey @Honorable 

and thank you for the tag @kvlschaefer 

So you may have an option using cookies if you cannot use membership. Essentially you can access basic Hubspot contact properties based when the user is cookied. So have a form that redirects to a page with 

dynamic data provided via hubl. I believe you may be able to access list membership with the cookie and thus have the ability to provided the different content based on the users list membership. No hair Inter but a POC could be built rather quickly to test it!

not at my desk or I would provided more details. Hopefully this gets you going!

beat

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @Honorable,

Thanks for reaching out!

I belive this is not possible, as in order for contacts to access your private Knowledge Base articles, the credentials are required for them to have a membership registration associated with your account. 

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they are aware of any workarounds. Hi @Jnix284@Olivia_Bagnall@Kevin-C@warrendavey - Would you happen to know of any workarounds for @Honorable's goal?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !