Restricting access to knowledge base website with a contacts list

New Contributor

Hi,

I have a published knowledge base website which is currently public. It contains over 50 articles.

I want to make the website private to a specific contact list. When exploring this option, it appears that each member of the list would have to create a hubspot account in order to access the knowledge base.

Preferaly, the user would be able to access the knowledge base simply because their email is on this specific contact list.

Is there anyone who could assist or advise on this??

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @JackDinneen,

In order for contacts to access your private Knowledge Base articles, this feature is required for them to have a membership registration associated with your account ( Domain).

When you make a page private with registration required, a registration email is sent to contacts who are members of the selected lists so they can set up a password. 

So in order for them to access the private content, they will need to login to their account. , at the moment only email is not possible.

This article explains more how this feature works, I hope it helps:

Pam

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @PamCotton ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

That solution will not be possible for me, as there will be several thousand individuals using our knowledge base and I cannot expect them all to create hubspot accounts in order to access our knowledge base.

We host the link to our knowledge base on our own private platform, which users require log ins for. Is there anyway to restrict access to the knowledge base for this portal only either in hubspot or other means?

Our worry is that someone may share the link outside of our platform and give others access to the private information.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @JackDinneen 

They will not need to create a HubSpot account, but in order to actress this feature of "private pages," they will indeed need to be a member in your website.

When you make a knowledge base article private with registration required, a registration email is sent to contacts who are members of the selected lists so they can set up a password. That is a specific login in order for them to access your private content.

Please note: contacts who have already set up a password to view other private content on your domain won't receive additional emails. They'll use their existing password to log in and view the private content they have access to on your site, based on their list memberships. 

In order for this feature to happen, they will need to subscribe, I was unable to find a workaround this matter at the moment.

Kindly,

Pam

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes