Knowledge Base Tool

IwanWillemsen
投稿者

One article linked to multiple (sub)categories

解決

Hello interested parties and clever minds,

We are currently working on setting up our KB.

Question: How can we place 1 article under multiple (sub)categories.

Context
The KB is for our customers who use our SaaS applications. So a lot of Getting Started, User questions and in-dept information about functionality and using the applications.

Our categories are the various Modules within our SaaS application and main topics such as Videos, Manual, Training etc. A subcategory is formulated on the question/problem from the customer's perspective.

What I'm running into now is that we have articles that can be placed under multiple categories. For example: We have explained the absolute basics in an instructional video for all new users. This falls into the category of 1 of our modules. But it also fits with Getting started. However, I can now select only 1 Category.

Q: How can we place 1 article under multiple (sub)categories?

Q: Is there a manageable work-around? 

Thanks for thinking along

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
MiaSrebrnjak
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @IwanWillemsen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Like you mentioned in your post, it's not possible to have one article in multiple categories at this time. One possible workaround is creating multiple copies of the article and store those copies in multiple categories.

I can, however, see the value in this option and I've found a similar idea here on our Ideas Forum. Our product team uses this forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. It would be great if you can give this idea an upvote and leave a comment with your feedback and use case.

Thank you!

Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
MiaSrebrnjak
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @IwanWillemsen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Like you mentioned in your post, it's not possible to have one article in multiple categories at this time. One possible workaround is creating multiple copies of the article and store those copies in multiple categories.

I can, however, see the value in this option and I've found a similar idea here on our Ideas Forum. Our product team uses this forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. It would be great if you can give this idea an upvote and leave a comment with your feedback and use case.

Thank you!

Mia, Community Team

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

0 いいね!
IwanWillemsen
投稿者

解決

Ah yes! the submitted idea and responses cover 95% of our needs and wishes at the moment. Completely overlook this submitted idea when searching. 

0 いいね!
MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Sure, I'm glad I could provide helpful information. If you interact with an Ideas thread, you should get email notifications about updates and status changes (depending on your personal notification settings in the Community). 

Cheers

Mia