Knowledge Base Tool

myholder
Participant

Offering a more accessible Knowledge Base

Hello! My team and I are interested in making our Knowledge Base more accessible for those with visual impairments.

Here's a quick list of the types of improvements we are hoping to make...
  • Increase font size for text on the Knowledge Base menu pages as well as in the header and footer
  • Change the font colors for the Knowledge Base menu and header/footer page text
  • Highlight components of the pages (e.g. on the menu for any given Knowledge Base section, make “See more” and “See less” options easier to see such as making them bold
  • Make the list of videos on the same page (above) listed as icons/boxes instead of a text list
  • Offer dark mode option
  • Offer a dyslexia font
  • Access and use preset color options (e.g. highly contrasting color palettes) for people with colorblindness
If anyone knows of other accessibility options we can use in the Knowledge Base, please share! Thanks.
3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

This is a great list @myholder and I love the idea of improving accessibility! Have you submitted this to the ideas forum? I think that might help get some attention on this. I would upvote it if you put it there and let me know! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
myholder
Participant

danmoyle

Awesome. I've upvoted and shared with some colleagues! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/