Knowledge Base Tool

Peter42

Non-hubspot forms with non-text fields

SOLVE

Hi there, I'm using a form from another plugin that includes a checkbox selection. Is there any way to add a corresponding property in hubspot to gather this data in my contact properties? If not does anyone have experience in getting around this? I noticed the data still exists even if it doesn't show up in contact properties and can be exported in an excel file along with the other properties.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Krystina
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

hmmm 🤔

Is there a reason against using HubSpot forms?

If HS forms isn't giving you what you want to accomplish I might suggest trying one of the form integrations like Gravity Forms. Are you on WordPress? We like using Gravity Forms for partners that want more customized form actions.

Otherwise you could export that data and reimport it to map those properties to your contact records. It's a little cumbersome and a tedious manual process, but it could help for now until we are able to map more than single-line text fields from non-HubSpot forms.

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ÓCasado

SOLVE

In this development blog I found the solution just what you are looking for.

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Fantastic @ÓCasado !

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Krystina

SOLVE

Hi @Peter42 

I would try taking a look at this article first: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms

Check out if the reason your form isn't communicating with HubSpot properly is listed there.

You mentioned that the data still exists and you can import via spreadsheet import - where in your contact record are you seeing this? If the data exists in the contact properties that aren't setup in your default view - you can adjust your settings so that you see them as a default on the left hand panel of the contact record.

Hope this is helpful!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
Peter42

SOLVE

Hi @Krystina ,

Thanks for your reply. That article is very helpful, I was using it as a resource before I posted here. Unfortunately, that article says "all data submitted to non-HubSpot form fields will only match to single-line text field type properties in HubSpot. Non-HubSpot form fields cannot match with other field types." which I was hoping for a way around. The data does not exist in contact properties. I'm not seeing it anywhere in the contact record, the only way to view it is by going to the form in HubSpot and exporting submissions.

0 Upvotes
Krystina
Solution

SOLVE

hmmm 🤔

Is there a reason against using HubSpot forms?

If HS forms isn't giving you what you want to accomplish I might suggest trying one of the form integrations like Gravity Forms. Are you on WordPress? We like using Gravity Forms for partners that want more customized form actions.

Otherwise you could export that data and reimport it to map those properties to your contact records. It's a little cumbersome and a tedious manual process, but it could help for now until we are able to map more than single-line text fields from non-HubSpot forms.

Krystina Gillenwater