Need Responsive Embeds in Knowledgebase Articles

Calebb
Participant

Embedding videos in the KB article strips out our tags within the div, so we are unable to make the embed responsive on all devices. Even while we use the HubSpot div class wrapper your system still forces the embed to a fixed size. This doesn't look good on smaller devices and on mobile.

I was provided this article, but it does not support responsive embeds in the knowledgebase, only on other HS pages and blog posts. The embed editor ->Style tab in a KB article does not have the same option to choose "Fixed Width" or "Full Width" as it does in other places.

Here's a snippet of the article.

make your embed responsive.png

And here's the style choice currently available in the KB article:

kb embed style options.png

Here's most of the embed we're trying to use before it gets forced to a fixed size:

<div class="hls-responsive-embed-wrapper" style="width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; min-width: 320px; margin: 0px auto;display: block;">
<div style="overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 56.25%; position: relative; margin: 0; max-width: 100%;">
    <iframe src="REMOVED URL" scrolling="no" allow="autoplay" allowfullscreen frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;"></iframe>
</div>
</div>

Hoping there is a workaround, does anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
natsumimori
Community Manager

Hi @Calebb ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I will tag in some subject matter experts here: @psdtohubspot , @stefen and @Chris-M , could you share your thoughts for @Calebb ?

0 Upvotes
Calebb
Participant
Hi @natsumimori

Thank you - I’ also in discussion with HubSpot support and the issue might be in our embed structure, TBD. I’ll keep this post updated with what we find in case anyone else runs into this issue.
0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager

That'll be great @Calebb , thanks!

0 Upvotes