Knowledge Base Tool

CCourtland-Sm
Membre

**NEWBEE ALERT - Please help! Remove a customer as a member of KB

We have a customer who has signed up to our KB but the password and log in is not working. 
So far have tried:
Reset password - no luck
Resend registration email -  no luck
Filled out all details AGAIN on our end to re-register

Only thing I can think of is to remove them/deregister them and then add them again. However, cannot find ANYWHERE where to do this or how and support have not been available all day.

Please can anyone help a newbee in need 🙏🏼

7 Réponses
CCourtland-Sm
Membre

I still am not sure HOW to adjust the list. There is no 'remove' feature. How would I edit their contact property, when to be included on the list in the first place, a form had to be filled out. I cannot 'un-fill' the form? 
I am also very confused as I would have thought the list is for organisational purposes only? Not access permissions? If this was the case, how come support did not suggest this?

I told the rep I had reached out on the community thread, but did not have a reply at that time and typing to and frow for help can be very slow in comparison to someone on a live call and remoting into your computer. 

I really appreciate your help, but feel like I am going round in circles.

0 Votes
natsumimori
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @CCourtland-Sm ,

There's no "remove this contact" feature within the list, what you'll want to do is adjusting the criteria filters to make the contact to not fulfill so that this contact won't be included in the list. For example, if you add a filter "Contact's email property is not equal to any of johnsmith@hubspot.com", this contact won't be in this list.

I understand that this isn't the fastest way to discuss and easiest way to get guidance, that said I wanted to suggest you to call into the Support line at your next convenient time. The Support rep you talked to seems to be out of office since yesterday and I'm unsure of the details and context of your call. So I think it'll be best for you to hop on a call again to get everything sorted out. Would that work for you?

0 Votes
CCourtland-Sm
Membre

Thanks, I would need telephone/remote guidance I am afraid as I still don't really understand.

I will probably give up and find a workaround as this seems so difficult.

Thanks for your time

0 Votes
natsumimori

Hi @CCourtland-Sm , have you calleld into the Support line? I wanted to check in to see if you were able to connect with a new Support rep.

natsumimori

Hi @CCourtland-Sm ,

I believe you're referring to "Require member registratin to access private content" feature.

If you remove the contact from the allowed list, they will no longer meet the rule, hence they no longer have access to the private content. Could you please try to remove this customer in question from the allowed list in your account?

Here's a link for your reference: Remove access to private content

0 Votes
CCourtland-Sm
Membre

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know how I would remove the customer from the list as there is no
option and the link only says:

To remove a contact from an active list, you can:

- update the contact

to fail the active list's criteria; or
- update the list criteria

to exclude the contact.

The customer fills out a form to access the private content initially.

The only reason I need to remove them is because they are not receiving any
emails from Hubspot and cannot get into the private KB. Reset password
links are not going through etc. So I thought to try removing them and then
re-adding them.

I spent some time on the phone to Hubspot last night, you wrote to me this
morning and said:

* Thank you for contacting HubSpot support today concerning the KB article
password email. I checked with my team and there is not a way to
"unregister" a contact from the process as we discussed.*

I am pretty confused now.

If you can shed further light, or have any other ideas, I would be most
grateful.

0 Votes
natsumimori

Hi there,

So to revoke access to private knowledge base article from a contact, you will need to adjust the allowed list. Like you mentioned, you can adjust the list by editing the contact property or editing the list criteria so that this contact won't be included in the allowed list. 

I am not sure in what exact context the Support rep said there's no way to unregister, since I wans't able to find the internal conversation this rep had with the team. However, I will give a heads-up to this rep that you have this Community thread, so that they can have better understanding. Because Support rep has more visibility on your account, it's best to centralize all the information in their sight.

0 Votes