Knowledge Base Tool

NWong

Limiting emails shown in a ticket to those related to the ticket

SOLVE

Hello Everyone, 

I've never posted anything like this before, so you have my apologies for lack of formatting and common graces. 

My question: Is there a way to limit the emails that show up in the activity feed of a Ticket so that only the emails associated with that Ticket show up in the Ticket record. It gets very confusing when multiple tickets are associated with a contact. 

Your comments and solutions are greatly appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NWong,

Are you referring to one-to-one emails sent on a ticket record through the connected inbox?

Whenever a user in your portal sends an email from a record, they can choose which associated records to log this email to. In that step, you would uncheck the box for a ticket if you didn't want the email to be documented on the ticket record:

karstenkoehler_1-1614749944589.png

Fictional demo data.

This can also be changed and edited after the email has been sent (see also here). It will however be a manual step.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NWong,

Are you referring to one-to-one emails sent on a ticket record through the connected inbox?

Whenever a user in your portal sends an email from a record, they can choose which associated records to log this email to. In that step, you would uncheck the box for a ticket if you didn't want the email to be documented on the ticket record:

karstenkoehler_1-1614749944589.png

Fictional demo data.

This can also be changed and edited after the email has been sent (see also here). It will however be a manual step.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.