Knowledge Base Tool

zachallen
Contributor

Knowledge Base editor numbered list can't be continued after importing image

We are in the process of migrating many kb articles to the knowledge base.  Many of our articles are process related, meaning, there's a list of steps to take.  We also include a number of images along with these steps.  

If I add a numbered list and add an image for step #2, the list is complete and I can't continue with the numbered list for step #3.  Example:

HubSpot_KBNumberedList.png

I think we are expecting one or both of the following:

1. Hitting enter after adding a picture will continue with the numbering of the existing list.
  2. Some way to view the html so I can modify the tags so I can manually continue the list.  
10 Replies 10
ekpierce
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Formatting knowledge base articles is really difficult!!

0 Upvotes
MGebhardt

What I did as a workaround was:

1. Insert the image into a numbered step.
  2. Press Enter to add a numbered step after the image.
  3. Place your cursor on the left side of the image.
  4. Press Backspace to remove the number next to the image.

The only issue I see is that this fix does not fully left-align the image because HubSpot is still seeing a numbered list there.

Here is a snapshot of what I did:

Hubspot.jpg

0 Upvotes
woodfine
Participant

We're in big need of this. Numbered lists are the bread and butter of our knowledge base, and not being able to insert callout boxes mid-guide results in guides getting very wordy and potentially confusing for our users. Warning callouts in particular are important for us to emphasize sensitive actions to users.

OVogel
Participant

While it seems to me that one is now able to insert images, videos and tables into a numbered list without breaking the numbering it would also be great to have that option available for callouts.

A lot of the articles in our kb are step-by-step instructions and for some steps I would like to give additional tips, notes and warnings and I want them to stand out by using a callout. But as it seems to me I can only have a callout at the end of my numbered list or I have to start a new numbered list after the inserted callout which then breaks the numbering.

BKopman
Participant

I would like to add my voice to requesting the ability to continue numbering after a callout. I use the callouts quite often but I am forced to not use them in the middle of a numbered list. Is this something that the team can include in an upcoming version?

Thank you.

hillska

That post does not help with this specific ask, that we can continue numbered lists after breaking for an image or comment. Is there any plan for that to happen soon?

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi folks!

If you're looking for more information about knowledge base design, layout, and styling, including custom HTML/CSS, I encourage you to check out this post from our knowledge base Product manager.

Best!

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

0 Upvotes
cec
Participant

yeah more list adjustment functionality is seriously required. When I try to correct the source code in the module, it will not save and reverts to the old formatting.

sambenthom
Participant

Yeah, this is kind of a really big issue for creating support KB.... We are trying to explain how to use features in step-by-step guides.

The typical format for me is numbered lists with showing images inline as the visuals obviously help. This cannot be done in the Hubspot Service Hub. Adding a picture breaks the numbering - the behavior detailed in the comment below from the community manager does not work on my end. 

Any news on how this is going? If the feature will not be done, then this might ean needing to change the overall structure of our KB articles.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @zachallen at this time it's not possible to customize the HTML of the knowledge base - but watch this space for upcoming features.

Try using Command + Enter (on a Mac) or Alt + Enter (on a PC) to add space for an image. Then Enter after the image to continue with the numbering.

0 Upvotes