1 Akzeptierte Lösung
IsaacTakushi
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Knowledge Base API Documentation

lösung

Hi, @michelkamp and @JamesClarke.

Unfortunately, there are no public APIs for the knowledge base tool at this time. Knowledge base articles can currently only be created or modified in the HubSpot UI.

We have heard this request come up before. While I don't know of any plans to release a Knowledge Base API in the near future, I will pass this feedback to the team and share any relevant details.

In the meantime, the best way to request this feature is to upvote and comment on this Ideas Forum post with your use cases. I've already upvoted it myself.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

25 Antworten
arlogilbert
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

4 years later, still no API. We stopped holding our breath and are just moving service away from hubspot. The service desk and knowledgebase products have been largely ignored for the last few years.

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @arlogilbert,

I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for an idea to turn into a feature.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding this.

Please know that I have shared internally your valuable feedback to bring visibility to this.

I have also reached out to your Customer Success who will be in contact with you about this.

At the moment, there is no Knowledge Base API indeed.

Our Product Team keeps a close eye on the Ideas forum and this idea is still on their radar.

In the meanwhile, please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with?
I would be delighted to help you.

Thank you and have a good day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

YBederov
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi!
seems to have found it 😃 Not documented. No warranty at all.
missing API in two steps:

1. get a list of knowledge base article IDs
  2. get the contents of each id

But how to get all the content if this search API asks us for a term? An empty term is not allowed!
Tada! term=a_b_c_d_e_f_g_h_i_j_k_l_m_n_o_p_q_r_s_t_u_v_w_x_y_z

https://api.hubapi.com/contentsearch/v2/search?type=KNOWLEDGE_ARTICLE&term=a_b_c_d_e_f_g_h_i_j_k_l_m...

(without limits you will need to use offset etc)

We have 11 articles and using this nice term we are getting them all‌‌ =). Please make sure you are also getting the correct number of knowledge base articles, I mean total in the 2nd line of the JSON.

So you will get JSON like

{
    "total": 11,
    "offset": 0,
    "limit": 999,
    "results": [
        {
          "id": 85372448791,
          "score": 20.023497,
          "type": "KNOWLEDGE_ARTICLE",
<....>

Now we have all ID like 85372448791

Getting content:

https://api.hubapi.com/cms/v3/site-search/indexed-data/85372448791?type=KNOWLEDGE_ARTICLE

and you will get JSON with all data:

"html_all_nested.en": {
"name": "html_all_nested.en",
"value": "Be at least 99 years old",
"values": [
"Be at least 99 years old",
<....>

ab-jordanskole
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
speedplane
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This answre doesn't provide you with the full knowledge base article, just snippets of it.

0 Upvotes
Bodyment
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Upvoted. This is kind of crucial to my use case and assumed this would be available on a professional account - UI data should be accessible over API. 
@TiphaineCuisset Could you chat with your team and request an ETA on this being implemented, I think it will add alot of value to the service platform.

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Bodyment 

Thank you for reaching out. 

The Team has given an update in the Ideas thread here. I recommend subscribing to the board (Options > Subscribe) to get notified for any update/change of status. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey @JamesClarke 

Are you referring to the API documentation from HubSpot? If so, you can find it here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/overview

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know. The more details, and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you

Sharon

0 Upvotes
JamesClarke
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the link, I had come across this repository but couldn't find anything relating to the Knowledge Base. This is definitely where it would live if it had been created and the thread I linked  prevously suggests that perhaps it hasn't.

Unless I've oerlooked something? Is there somewhere specific that you think relates to the Knowledge Base API documents here?

Many thanks,

James

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey @JamesClarke 

I can't see anything related to the Knowledge base in the API documents- However, is not clear to me what is your goal. Could you please provide more information on what you would like to accomplish? 🙂

Thank you

Sharon

michelkamp
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @sharonlicari , any update on the Knowledge base API documenation. ?

My goal is to create KB articles using the hubspot API

thanks,

michel

0 Upvotes
michelkamp
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

any update on this ??

IsaacTakushi
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi, @michelkamp and @JamesClarke.

Unfortunately, there are no public APIs for the knowledge base tool at this time. Knowledge base articles can currently only be created or modified in the HubSpot UI.

We have heard this request come up before. While I don't know of any plans to release a Knowledge Base API in the near future, I will pass this feedback to the team and share any relevant details.

In the meantime, the best way to request this feature is to upvote and comment on this Ideas Forum post with your use cases. I've already upvoted it myself.

Isaac Takushi

ChrisCantrell
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Automation is now key to many organzations. If HS is going to be the source of truth, these API's become more important. CMS and KB needs to be integrated with development, for product updates to our clients.

JDumbrille
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Its been over a year since this discussion waw broached. I know  Zendesk has an API for knowedge base articles - at a former company we got oour help articles out of their kb and into our application via API. Any update on this for HubSpot?

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @JDumbrille 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. This is marked as not currently planned but this can change based on feedback and upvotes. You can also see more info with the update from the Product Team. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?

0 Upvotes
JDumbrille
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks very much T for the reply and  link- upvoted. The original request is 2.5 years old, and with at least one competitors having APIs to docs - lets hope this gets prioritized. Inertia seems absolute at times, but suddenly we can decide

FriendlyManager
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

It would be so awesome to be able to pull down the knowledge base content. Please can you let us know if you develop this 🙂 

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Thanks for posting, @FriendlyManager.

I agree!

If you haven't already, please be sure to upvote and comment on the official feature request.

Isaac Takushi

JamesClarke
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Sharon,

The knowledge base sits on a sub-domain which is not suitable for our website and so would like to create our own knowledge base page driven by use of the Knowledge Base API. 

From what I can gather, this exists but I can't find any documentation. 

Thanks,

James