Knowledge Base Tool

skylightipv
Contributor

KB table has no header row

If I add a table into my knowledge base the first row is not marked as a header i.e. the rendered HTML has the row within the <tbody> tags rather than in the <thead> tag.  In fact no <thead> row is rendered at all.

It means the custom styling has no effect.  Of course I wouldn't need custom styling if Hubspot allowed us to create KB like a normal webpage with branded CSS.

Any solutions?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @skylightipv thank you for posting in our Community!

One solution is to use inline CSS within the table HTML code to style the header row and cells accordingly. Alternatively, you can apply CSS styling to your knowledge base articles using custom modules or templates. By creating custom stylesheets or incorporating CSS directly into your HubSpot design, you can achieve a branded look and feel for your knowledge base content.

To our top experts @DanielSanchez and @Anton do you have any recommendations for @skylightipv matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
skylightipv
Contributor

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your reply.

Given that we cannot edit the html of our KB articles directly I can only apply my own CSS by inserting into the Additional Snippets section.  This however does not get around the fact that the tables do not have header rows <thead>/<th> tags in the rendered html.

On your other suggestion, how would custom modules be accessible to KB articles?  And how do you integrate custom stylesheets?  I find the kB all locked down in my Professional package and it is so limited.

Thanks