Knowledge Base Tool

JenBergren
Guide

Is there a way to show and report on ownership of articles?

SOLVE

We have about 200 articles in our private internal Knowledge Base.

I have been looking into ways to show which team member owns which articles, so they know which articles they are responsible for keeping up to date.
I looked through all posts here and in the Ideas forum, related to the Knowledge Base.

Making a tag with their name and attaching the tag to an article didn't help since there is no way to report on which tags are used in which articles, or no way to filter articles by tags (that I can find, please correct me and point me in the right direction!)

Adding someone's name to the end of an article wouldn't seem to work since we can't make reports filtering on certain words used in article titles. As far as I have found, I would love to hear any workarounds!

I was hoping to be able to make a dashboard of reports about the knowledge base, where each report would list the articles each person was responsible for. For example, one report would be "Jen's articles" and show a listing and links to all my articles, ideally along with a "last updated" date. 

We were also hoping to be able to set up a workflow that notified people when one of the articles they owned hadn't been updated in 3 months.

I am using categories and subcategories but I do not want to redo our categories to be people's names, we use the categories right now for department and topic for navigation.

Could someone let me know if they have solved any of these issues?
Could the product managers at HubSpot let me know if more reporting options are going to be available for the knowledge base soon?

Thanks,

Jen Bergren
Sr. Operations Manager
Remotish -- A HubSpot RevOps and WebOps Agency

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JenBergren 

Thank you for reaching out! 

I had a look on the Community for this and our knowledge base and it sems this is not possible at this stage. I'd however recommend upvoting and commenting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

I also want to tag some of our top community members to see if they have workarounds - @warrendavey @StefaniUAT @Gonzalo do you have any thoughts for @JenBergren on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JenBergren
Guide

SOLVE

Thank you @TiphaineCuisset !

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JenBergren 

Thank you for reaching out! 

I had a look on the Community for this and our knowledge base and it sems this is not possible at this stage. I'd however recommend upvoting and commenting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

I also want to tag some of our top community members to see if they have workarounds - @warrendavey @StefaniUAT @Gonzalo do you have any thoughts for @JenBergren on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

JenBergren
Guide

SOLVE

Thank you @TiphaineCuisset ! I checked and had already upvoted that idea, I did look through the ideas forum as well as this knowledgebase area in the community.
Are you the product manager for the KnowledgeBase tool? Or do you know who is?

Thanks for tagging in more people to help!

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JenBergren 

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm not the PM for the knowledge base - I did take the time to reach out to the product team of that area and I can confirm that this is not planned at the moment. The best way to show your interest is to upvote the idea as you did, you can also comment it to present your use case!

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine