Knowledge Base Tool

fafaba
Participant

How do you deal with several languages ?

SOLVE

Hi, 

At my company we are dealing with markets in differents countries, germany, ireland, france, italy spain etc. So we are doing some contents in many differents languages. 

But we are publishing some articles only in english. However articles only in english won't appear in the Italian knowledge base for example or any others languages. 

Have you any tip or idea on how to solve that issue ? Because some content would be good to spread to more market but i don't see how we can do this. But we don't plan to translate them. 

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fafaba,

If you're not planning on translating them, I would suggest that you still create language variations for these knowledge base articles, as explained here. These variations would still be English, but they should then be accessible in this language version of the knowledge base. If at some point you choose to translate them, that avenue is still open to you.

Thanks for tagging @TiphaineCuisset!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fafaba,

If you're not planning on translating them, I would suggest that you still create language variations for these knowledge base articles, as explained here. These variations would still be English, but they should then be accessible in this language version of the knowledge base. If at some point you choose to translate them, that avenue is still open to you.

Thanks for tagging @TiphaineCuisset!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

fafaba
Participant

SOLVE

Yes I suppose this is the only solution, that would have been great if Hubspot offer the option to automatically publish the article in english in other languages so that would make that task easy. 

Thanks for the answer 🙂 

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fafaba ,

You can enable multi language settings for your knowkedge base arrticles. Check this article here.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
fafaba
Participant

SOLVE

Well... 

I know this because this is the topic of my message. I'm asking how do you deal with content present only in english while you have others languages available on your KB. 

We can't / don't want to translate everything but the content should be available in all sections in all languages. 

Thanks to @karstenkoehler for his answer. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @fafaba 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @MichaelC @StefaniUAT @karstenkoehler what are your thoughts for @fafaba on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes