Knowledge Base Tool

andrep
Membro

General Login for Private Knowledge hub

resolver

I am currenlty looking to add access to our Knowledge hub though our web application. I am looking to keep the knowledge base private as I only want current customers to have access to this. However due to compliance and the number of users accessing the Knowledge base It would not be feasible to have all of these user register with hubspot. My thought to work around this is to have a generic login tied to a button(link) within the app that will trigger an automatic login allowing all users that use the app to have access to the same login with the knowedge base. Is this possible and if so are there any issues with this. I would like to build this directly into the app, however we do not have the bandwith to build a ruby knowledge base now. Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @andrep,

Out of the box, this is not possible. I'd recommend reviewing the documentation for private member registration for the knowledgebase. It outlines the configuration options. What you're describing is unfortunately not a feature right now.

There is an additional CMS documentation but there aren't any options for bypassing the overall behavior (individual registration), as far as I can tell.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
arthurs
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @andrep ,

We're also working through some challenges with access to our internal KB. I was thinking of making all our company users immegiately part of the dynamic list (so the list has filter/rules to look for company email and add to list if email is from our company) to grant access. The challenge is how to remove users who leave the company, because these emails, once added, stay in HubSpot. It would need some administrative step to remove users. But this may work for you.

Have you tried using a dynamic list for your needs? Perhaps your team that works with new customers can use a custom contact field to indicate that this user has access to the KB. And once that field value is removed, it then removes the user dynamically from the list. I realize it requires some administrative steps, but maybe that would work for you.

Arthur

0 Avaliação positiva
FMaher
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi - did you end up finding a workaround for this?

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @andrep,

Out of the box, this is not possible. I'd recommend reviewing the documentation for private member registration for the knowledgebase. It outlines the configuration options. What you're describing is unfortunately not a feature right now.

There is an additional CMS documentation but there aren't any options for bypassing the overall behavior (individual registration), as far as I can tell.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.