Knowledge Base Tool

kylielovescake

Gated pages for partners / resellers

SOLVE

Hi all, 

Looking for a bit of help / guidance on something we are trying to work through internally. 

We have quite a large partner / reseller channel at our organisation and would like to create an online home for them, where we can share marketing and sales assets, along with potentially running webinars, etc in the future. The assets and information that will be shared there will be highly confidential and as a result, we'd like to password protect the area. 

We currently have HubSpot Professional and are reluctant to upgrade to a higher package as all of our other requirements are covered off. We'd like to continue to use HubSpot for this activity, as in the future, we'll use smart content to tailor the content shown to different partners, etc. 

Is there a way that we can create a secure, member only portal / login page for a series of HubSpot landing pages? 

Any help gratefully received! Thanks! 

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kylielovescake

Depending on the use case, you might want to deindex the page from Google so that it can't be found in search - however, if it is and a visitor arrives from search, they would see the login rather than the content. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
kylielovescake

SOLVE

Ah, thank you @Phil_Vallender - I'm going to do some experimenting with that today! 

Thank you for your help 🙂 

kylielovescake

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender ,

Thank you for your help! I'll have another look in to the option available with Pro. My concern is whether that content would be safe and secure. For example, if someone googled 'Sova logo' for example, would that take them to the pages online? Or would it take them to the login page for them to submit the password? 

Many thanks

Kylie

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @kylielovescake

Depending on the use case, you might want to deindex the page from Google so that it can't be found in search - however, if it is and a visitor arrives from search, they would see the login rather than the content. 

Hope this helps.

Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @kylielovescake 

On the Pro product you can password protect a set of pages using a password that is common to all permitted users and pages: Password protect a page 

If you want to create a more sophisticated solution where users can login once and view a collection of senstive pages, that would require an upgrade to the CMS Hub Enterprise product, in addition to Marketing Hub, to gain access to the membership content function: Require member registration to access private content 

Hope this helps?

mzebib68
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender , I'm interested in the more sophisticated solution you've proposed above "users can login once and view a collection of senstive pages".... users means visitors, correct?
I don't see any specific description on the CMS enterprise level that will highlight this feature.

Did you developped such private portal?

thanks

Michael

0 Upvotes