Knowledge Base Tool

AndyExplainly
Mitglied

Didn't realize I only had once chance to fully edit meetings tool

lösung

I have a free account and setup my meetings tool without realizing I only had one opportunity for full customization. I'm not able to delete it and try again. Since I'm testing out the platform to decide whether or not I'd like to be a paying subscriber, I was wondering if I could have someone from support delete my 1 meeting tool so that I can set it up the way I'd like. 

Thanks,

Andy

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
BérangèreL
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @ChrisPower1,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding this. I see how this can be frustrating.
I have shared it internally to bring visibility to it.

I can confirm that free users only have access to 1 Meetings link, which will be the meeting link set as your default meeting link.

The first time a user integrates their calendar to set up Meetings, we automatically set their namespace based the name which a user has set up in their Profile & Preference. This will become the user's default link and is the only link that the user can and will ever have that ends at their namespace and does not have an additional slug.

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screenshare if necessary.

Please share your specific use case with the HubSpot Support Team so that they can help you the best they can.

Thanks.

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten
ChrisPower1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This is insane.  We have new users who have just connected their calendars, and it's saying they've already used their 1 meeting link.  We didn't create the meeting link.  It's there automatically, it can't be edited, and it can't be deleted.  This makes the scheduling tool absolutely useless unless you have a paid seat.  Why is this created automatically.  Why can't this be deleted?  Now we have to go and pay for a separate scheduling tool and do the work to integrate it.  

And as seems to so often be the case with these issues, it was reported 5 years and nothing has been done about it.  

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @ChrisPower1,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding this. I see how this can be frustrating.
I have shared it internally to bring visibility to it.

I can confirm that free users only have access to 1 Meetings link, which will be the meeting link set as your default meeting link.

The first time a user integrates their calendar to set up Meetings, we automatically set their namespace based the name which a user has set up in their Profile & Preference. This will become the user's default link and is the only link that the user can and will ever have that ends at their namespace and does not have an additional slug.

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screenshare if necessary.

Please share your specific use case with the HubSpot Support Team so that they can help you the best they can.

Thanks.

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

ChrisPower1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

We also have some users who don't need an individual scheduling link, but we want to include them in a round robin meeting group, but because Hubspot is automatically creating their individual page, they can't be added to a round robin.  

0 Upvotes
JNatalie
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@jennysowyrda

I am struggling with this issue too.  I would like my user to be a part of a Group Meeting link rather than their default individual meeting link.  I was able to re-assign the default meeting link to someone else, and ultimately, that person was able to delete it.  However, the system is still stating that the original user has already used their one meeting link, and cannot have another created unless they upgrade to a paid seat.  Even though, the default meeting link is literally gone... what can be done about this?

0 Upvotes
swinghound1
Mitglied

lösung

@AndyExplainly and @jennysowyrda - Your explainations have a catch-22 you should be aware of.  I cannot edit certain fields on the scheduling link:  

swinghound1_0-1653271566586.png

So I'm stuck.  I'm unable to edit all fields I need to repurpose a link for something else, and I'm also unable to delete one that I no longer need.  This basically forces a user to have a pile of unused or errant links clogging up the meeting links page without any ability to sort the junk/errored tries out of view.  Extremely frustrating from a user standpoint to be told: 1. Just update and reuse  2. You can't update some things.  3.  You can't delete them either.  4.  You also can't hide the bad links from view. 

From a user experience standpoint, this is a dead-end and extremely frustrating to only have a "Good luck" message to assist us in the forums.  Is there a reason why all fields aren't editable or links can't be deleted and/or hidden from view?  

vrneuman
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @AndyExplainly

Once a default meeting link has been created, there isn't a way to simply delete it, from our end or yours.  What I've seen work for some users is disconnecting their calendar from  Sales > Meetings in Settings, then reconnecting it.

Otherwise, your best option would be to edit the meetings link you've already created to reflect the configuration you're looking for.  Are there specific changes you're having trouble making? 

I'd also recommend taking a look through our documentation on the meetings tool here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/meetings/use-meetings.

cclaudialackner
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks. I tried your advice, so disconnected my calender and then reconnected it again. Unfortunately, I'm not able to set up a new personal meeting. The same default meeting link as before appears. Are there any other chances to change the meeting link?

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @cclaudialackner,

While you cannot create a new meetings link, every user in your account has access to a meetings link. If you add a new user to the account, you can create a new meetings link through their login. As their user will also only receive one meetings link, I would recommend giving thought to how you would like it set up before creating the link. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
doter
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

How about when I'm coming in as the new webmaster so I'm stuck with a default meeting link with the previous webmaster's name. I can change name, email, and 2FA but not a meeting link... There's a lot of simple dev features missing. To think we were planning on switching to hubspot chatflow from zoomInfo. smh

0 Upvotes