Knowledge Base Tool

JEpeneter
Participante

Custom SSL Certificate for Knowledgebase

resolver

We just bought CMS Enterprise and Service Hub Pro this week. As part of ramping up Service Hub, Knowledgebase seemed to be the most logical first step (a lot less complicated than figureing our our ticket flows). Creating the KB and the first article(s) was a snap (great product, HubSpot!)  

The challenge now is with getting the KB online. We want to use kb.ourdomain.com, and we don't want to have HubSpot be our DNS or be our SSL certificate authority but in order to do that, our SSL certificate provider needs to provide a certificate. However, there is no way to import that certificate to Service Hub.  This article says "To use a custom SSL certificate, you will need to purchase an SSL certificate from a certificate authority in addition to purchasing the custom SSL add-on." However that "product" doesn't seem to exist anymore, or at least HubSpot Technical Support says that I need to purchase Marketing Hub. 

My thinking was that Service Hub should have the ability to allow configuring the knowledgebase feature without requiring further purchases. 

I realize that CMS is normally used to manage websites, but we bought it to do portals, not to host our main site (or manage DNS or SSL). 

Thoughts?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
JEpeneter
Solución
Participante

resolver

An answer from HubSpot Sales Management: "In order to use Custom SSL, you have to purchase the add-on - it isn't packaged with anything else. If it was communicated that it could be added strictly by purchasing a marketing package (such as Marketing Hub Starter), we apologize for the confusion, but it has to be purchased as an add-on.
"And when I took a look at the community post, it seems to be mentioning Marketing, CMS, and Service because those are all of the hubs that have a content piece that can use a custom SSL (landing pages, website pages, and Knowledge Base). Definitely understand the confusion there though."

So the answer seems to be that if you own a package that needs SSL (e.g., Marketing, CMS, Service) and you want a custom SSL certificate, you will need the Custom SSL Add-On.  

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
JEpeneter
Solución
Participante

resolver

An answer from HubSpot Sales Management: "In order to use Custom SSL, you have to purchase the add-on - it isn't packaged with anything else. If it was communicated that it could be added strictly by purchasing a marketing package (such as Marketing Hub Starter), we apologize for the confusion, but it has to be purchased as an add-on.
"And when I took a look at the community post, it seems to be mentioning Marketing, CMS, and Service because those are all of the hubs that have a content piece that can use a custom SSL (landing pages, website pages, and Knowledge Base). Definitely understand the confusion there though."

So the answer seems to be that if you own a package that needs SSL (e.g., Marketing, CMS, Service) and you want a custom SSL certificate, you will need the Custom SSL Add-On.  

JEpeneter
Participante

resolver

Tiphaine, 

Thank you for your reply. Being able to move forward is encouraging. Unfortuntately, I think something is amiss as when I go to the settings location indicated in the article (Settings > Domains & URLs > Custom SSL) the article says I should "have the option to buy it right then and there." Instead, I get a message to contact sales (which I have done).  Technical Support says I have to purchase Marketing Hub and doesn't seem to have any knowledge of an ability to purchase the Custom SSL Add-on. I will post more once I hear back from sales. 

0 Me gusta
TiphaineCuisset
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @JEpeneter 

Thank you for your reply, I'll pass on the feedback regarding the article - I'm glad you were able to contact sales!

Best,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
TiphaineCuisset

resolver

Hi @JEpeneter 

Thank you for reaching out. 

From the article you sent, this is available for CMS & Service Hub Pro & Enterprise customers and you need to have the SSL add-on. I had a look on Community and I was able to find this post that explains how to access the purchase of this add-on in-app. 

If you're not seeing that in your account, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots about this.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta