Knowledge Base Tool

GStubbs
Miembro

Creating a dictionary page in knowledge base?

resolver

Hi Community

Recently we have adopted HubSpot Service Professional and we are setting up the client facing knowledge base.  We are a software as a service business to the retail sector and have a massive library of measures/facts such as ATV or Average Transaction Value.  Has anyone had any experience in creating a searchable dictionary or terms and definitions solution using HS Knowledge Base?  Any tips and tricks welcome as we have over 1000 measures and i need to serve this up to our client base in a user friendly way.  One idea i was thinking is to chunk the measures into about 20 articles eg/ Set up a "Sales Measure" Article and list out all the Sales related terms and definitions ...

Any help appreciated - even if it is a marketplace solution..

Regards

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Gonzalo
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @GStubbs ,

I honestly would do that with a hubDB and dynamic pages. The major advantage being importing the database very easily compared to knowledge pages that require manual work (or maybe API calls). You will have full control from templating to scripts so you could build it as you like (you could mimic the knowledge visuals).

Keep in mind tho, it's been a while I don't use the Knowledge base so I may have an outdated view of it.

If this answer helps you to solve your questions please mark it as a solution.

Thank you,

Gonzalo Torreras

HubSpot freelance developer

hola@gonzalotorreras.com
www.gonzalotorreras.com
Schedule a meeting

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @GStubbs ,

What you mentioned is definitely possible, create 20 articles to list out all the sales related terms etc.

My recommendation, though, would be to create a PDF file > within this PDF file, we will have a list of all those "measures"

From there, we can create a KB article and within that, put a hyperlink to connect to that PDF file. This PDF file can also be used in your marketing emails as well if you like.

Hence, you would have multiple opportunities to educate if you wish to.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

Gonzalo
Solución

resolver

Hi @GStubbs ,

I honestly would do that with a hubDB and dynamic pages. The major advantage being importing the database very easily compared to knowledge pages that require manual work (or maybe API calls). You will have full control from templating to scripts so you could build it as you like (you could mimic the knowledge visuals).

Keep in mind tho, it's been a while I don't use the Knowledge base so I may have an outdated view of it.

If this answer helps you to solve your questions please mark it as a solution.

Thank you,

Gonzalo Torreras

HubSpot freelance developer

hola@gonzalotorreras.com
www.gonzalotorreras.com
Schedule a meeting
sharonlicari
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @GStubbs 

Welcome to the Community!

Maybe our experts can give you some advice on this topic. Hey @Josh @BethanyH @Gonzalo do you have any thoughts on how to create a dictionary page on the Knowledge base?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta