Knowledge Base Tool

ssrussy
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

Create workflow to send knowledge base updates to slack channel

Hello, community! In need of a little help here.

Is there a way to create a workflow that will send slack notifications when a knowledge base article is created or updated? I seem to figure out a property/custom property to create that will reflect knowledge base or category updates.

Thank you in advance for any contributions! 

8 Replies 8
BHorváth
Participant

good idea, we need this too!

JenBergren
Guide

Hello, I asked a similar question here, within my question as a second step after the ownership question is solved, and someone from HubSpot added some links to the Ideas forum that you can upvote! I also had a call with people working on HubSpot knowledgebase in the past few months and adding the knowledgebase as object(s) to be used as workflow triggers, or access in the regular reporting area, wasn't on the roadmap at this time. 😞  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Tool/Is-there-a-way-to-show-and-report-on-ownership-...

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @ssrussy ,

Unforrunately there is no such functioanlity where you can get notifications when KB article is created or udated. You can set the worfklows for like deal creation, live chat etc.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

StjepanGrcic
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Okay. My thinking is that you can select what people (using their slack ID) recieve the notification or in what channels message is pushed. 

Sorry I didn't resolved your issue. 

0 Upvotes
RemotishAgency
Participant | Diamond Partner

The goal is probably not achievable unfortunately. The KnowledgeBase is just too disconnected from tbe rest of hubspot :(.

0 Upvotes
StjepanGrcic

Hey @ssrussy 

This will be a workaround but you can use Zapier for that. The trigger will be when a NEW or UPDATED row is created in Google Sheets then send a notification or message to Slack. 

In sheet you just need to paste the URL of the knowledge based article that you have published or updated and it will push information to Slack. 

Here is a link to Zap 

Let me know if this helps. 

stjepan_hubspot_forum_footer.png

RemotishAgency

This would not achieve the goal of having this automatically notify slack when the creation or update occurs. Otherwise she can just post the link to slack and a avoid the uneeded step wut Google sheets.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ssrussy , thank you for your post.

I wanted to tag in @Aakar and @webdew who have shared great knowledge around workflow in the Community. Would you mind sharing your thoughts for @ssrussy ?

0 Upvotes