Create printable manual from knowledge base

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to create a printable manual from our Knowlege Base articles?

10 Replies 10
Regular Advisor | Silver Partner

Hi @AnnGrace 

You can add print specific CSS (Cascading style sheet) file to your site to format the Knowledge Base articles for a printer. This would give you a branded single page for a specific Knowledge Base article.

Currently there's no way to colate the articles into a printable manual.

...just checked the documentation and I can't even see a way to fish the information out of HubSpot using the developer tools (which I would expect to be added at some stage).

I can chat to a colleague to see if your Knowledge Base could be "crawled" (like a search engine) and collated but it would require custom code.

Please let me know if this is important for you and we can check to see if it's possible.

Mike

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply... on a Saturday!!

Yes, the collation feature is important to us, especially since we will be adding new posts (articles) frequently. We also need to be able to create a table of contents and have all article titles show up there.

'Really appreciate your input and suggestions!

0 Upvotes

Hi from New Zealand – it's Sunday here!

Can you please send me a link to your Knowledge Base?

Tomorrow (our Monday) I will have a chat to one of our team who is really experienced at processing data from different sources.

Have a weekend.

Mike

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Our KB is pw protected but it's a standard Hubspot KB: https://support.safetychain.com

I appreciate you following up with your colleague. A customer of ours asked for a printed manual (yes - an odd request!) which would be a compilation of our KB articles collated and indexed in a table of contents, preferably with a custom-branded footer.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike, just following up to see if you were able to check with your colleagues about how I could create a single, printable, collated document from our Knowledge Base articles.

Thanks!

Ann

0 Upvotes

Good morning Ann

Yes, it looks possible... using some of the tools we use for SEO auditing we should be able to extract the content from your Knowledge Base.

I've contacted our support person with a few tricky questions, waiting to hear back.

Meanwhile, I've got lots of questions for you... would you like me to send you a message with the questions or chat on the phone?

Mike

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Could you pls send questions via email? I am helping a teammate (Cary Porter) get this project started and will forward him your mail. He will probably want to set up a call with you after he reviews your questions.

0 Upvotes

Just sent a Private Message with a load of questions for you and Cary.

Mike

0 Upvotes

Hi there, 

Were you guys able to solve this? Really not looking forward to copy and pasting out every article w/ answers. 

Occasional Contributor

Yes, is there an easy way to save all Knowledge Base articles as a PDF?

0 Upvotes