Knowledge Base Tool

LKirchner

Can I import translations of articles in bulk via .csv?

To translate my knowledge base articles, I exported all of them and translated them. Now I would like to import these translations of my and was wondering if I can automatically set the language, and corresponding categories for the imported articles?

As for now I can import the new (translated) articles with the .csv templace, but they are not automatically linked with the right category and the right article. 

Is there a way to do this? 

It would also already help if I can automatically set all the imported articles language to german.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @LKirchner , thank you for posting in our Community!

I would like to share this knowledge base here with more details. Did you include on your file the  UTF-8 encoded? It's important to add to the file if foreign language characters are included. 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LKirchner

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes my .csv file is UTF-8 Encoded. The problem however is, that there is no column for the language in the sample import file for knowledge base articles. Therefore, my imported articles are just inserted "loosely" and in the primary language. So my question is, can I automatically link the imported ones as a translation for an existing article? 

Screenshot 2022-10-07 090241.pngScreenshot 2022-10-07 091251.png

0 Upvotes