Knowledge Base Tool

DineshZende

Branching on Knowledge base outcome

I want to branch on if the user did not get the answer from the knowledge base, and redirect it for live chat. Is this possible in Hubspot Chatflow? 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Syeda_Fatima
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @DineshZendeYes, it is very pretty easy possible to branch on if the user did not get the answer from the knowledge base in HubSpot Chatflow.

To do so, you can add an "if/else" condition to the flow and use it to redirect the user to the live chat if they did not find the answer they were looking for.

DineshZende

@Syeda_Fatima Can pleae elaborate it, because in the if/then branch I could see only following options

DineshZende_0-1673275403399.png

0 Upvotes
Syeda_Fatima

Hey @DineshZende, You can display the live chat widget when a visitor is on a specific page URL, or based on known information about your visitors.

You can also combine the targeting options to create a tailored, personalized experience for visitors to your site. Learn more about the different targeting options and targeting rules you can use with your chatflows.

• To show the live chat widget when a visitor is on a specific website URL, in the Website URL section:
    1. Click the first dropdown menu and select Website URL.
    2. Click the second dropdown menu and select a targeting rule.
    3. Enter your rule criteria in the text field.Syeda_Fatima_0-1673340025354.png

• To show the live chat widget when a visitor is on a website page whose URL includes specific query parameters:
    1. Click the first dropdown menu and select Query parameter.
    2. In the first text field, enter the query parameter name.
    3. In the second text field, enter the query parameter value.Syeda_Fatima_1-1673340024098.png

• To add another rule, click Add rule.
  • To exclude the live chat widget from certain pages (e.g., a privacy policy page), click Add exclusion rule.

You can also target your live chat to specific contacts based on known information about them. To set criteria based on visitor information, in the Visitor information and behavior section:

• Click the first dropdown menu and select a filter. You can use filters that specifically target known contacts or unknown visitors.
  • Click the second dropdown menu and select your criteria.
  • To add another rule, click Add rule.
  • To exclude the pop-up form on certain pages (e.g., a privacy policy page), click Add exclusion rule.
  • To create another filter group with additional targeting rules, click Add filter group.Syeda_Fatima_2-1673340026173.gif

• To continue, click Save at the bottom, then click the Display tab.

If you have multiple filter groups set up in your targeting rules, learn more about how and/or logic works in targeting rules.

Hope this helps!:)

DineshZende

Hi @Syeda_Fatima ,

Appreciate your time and support. Sorry, but the answer is not specific to the question asked. 

I want to have a branch on the outcome of the knowledge base. 

(1) If the answer to the question asked is available

(2) Or the answer is not available

DineshZende_0-1673348440287.jpeg

Hope it is clear now. 🙂

0 Upvotes
Syeda_Fatima

Yes @DineshZende, it seems clear. As I had caught the concern you want to add workflow based on the knowledge base. 

Let's suppose, you will add some knowledge-based doc on your website based on the customer queries and if the answer will be related to any added knowledge-based, they will be redirected to them else they will be connected to live support.

This is very easy to do, and HubSpot has already an available guide on this concern, I would suggest. Please have a glance at the attached guide: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-if-then-branches-in-workflows

And let me know if more details are needed. This might resolve your concern. 🙂

DineshZende

@Syeda_Fatima Thank you very much. I will go through the documentation provided and implement a POC for it. Appreciate it.

0 Upvotes