Knowledge Base Tool

Richard6

Attempting to create two distinct FAQs for our various software (national) editions

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

Every country has a different edition of our program with unique material in addition to different languages.

How can I create distinct knowledge bases, one for every nation?

I've attempted to use the SSO list function now, but it requires login, therefore users without accounts are currently unable to access the Knowledge Base.

I would rather have several distinct knowledge bases—all without the need for log-ins—that can be accessed through various software links.

Is it feasible to do this?

3 Accepted solutions
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Attempting to create two distinct FAQs for our various software (national) editions

SOLVE

Hey @Richard6, thank you for posting in our Community!

Certainly! Creating distinct knowledge bases for different countries without requiring log-ins can be feasible. I want to invite our top experts to this conversation.

@danmoyle, @Jigar_Thakker and @Jnix284 do you have any recommendations for @Richard6?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Richard6 I would start by creating a language specific variant for each country you need to include.

Once you create the knowledge base in each language and create the articles that correspond, you'll have a direct link to both the KB home for that country/language and each article.

You can use this direct language link for each country/language.

When choosing the language variant, make sure you choose the "country - language" option, such as "Germany - German" instead of just "German" so that if you need to also create one for Austria, you can also use "Austria - German" to clearly distinguish between them.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

+1 to @Jnix284 here, @Richard6. This should work for you!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

3 Replies 3
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Richard6, thank you for posting in our Community!

Certainly! Creating distinct knowledge bases for different countries without requiring log-ins can be feasible. I want to invite our top experts to this conversation.

@danmoyle, @Jigar_Thakker and @Jnix284 do you have any recommendations for @Richard6?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Richard6 I would start by creating a language specific variant for each country you need to include.

Once you create the knowledge base in each language and create the articles that correspond, you'll have a direct link to both the KB home for that country/language and each article.

You can use this direct language link for each country/language.

When choosing the language variant, make sure you choose the "country - language" option, such as "Germany - German" instead of just "German" so that if you need to also create one for Austria, you can also use "Austria - German" to clearly distinguish between them.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

+1 to @Jnix284 here, @Richard6. This should work for you!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/