Knowledge Base Tool

SBarker72
Participant

Additional Status

Hi,

I'd like to be able to create new statuses for Knowledge Base articles, for example "Review" or "Approve".

When the author has completed the content and settings, they can set the status to Review/Approve and all articles in that status can then be reviewed and published.  Or alternatively, if work is required, they can be put back to draft.

This would reduce the amount of messaging required when an author  is writing an article and it is ready for review and reduces the risk of communications being lost, or mixed up in normal conversations.

2 Replies 2
SBarker72
Participant

Additional Status

Hi 🙂

Thanks for this suggestion, I've had a go at creating a Property but I can't see a relevant Object to select for this purpose.  Do I need to add Articles to this list?  

SBarker72_0-1675906957978.png

Any suggestions on making the KB available in the Object list please?

Thanks 🙂 

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Additional Status

Hello @SBarker72 

Unfortunately, the ability to create custom statuses for Knowledge Base articles is not a feature that is currently available in HubSpot. HubSpot only provides a default set of statuses for Knowledge Base articles, which include: "Draft", "Live", and "Archived".

As a workaround, you could create a custom property for Knowledge Base articles and use it to track the review and approval status of articles. You can then use workflows or automation to send notifications and manage the status updates based on the value of the custom property. Additionally, you could create a custom report to view all articles in a specific status.

If this feature is important to you, you may consider submitting a feature request to the HubSpot product team through the HubSpot Community. The product team regularly reviews community suggestions and feedback to determine which new features to prioritize and add to the platform.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology