Knowledge Base Tool

jimbanks
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Adding sitewide Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager to Knowledge Base

SOLVE

I've managed to work out how to configure Google Search Console to track a sub-domain in the format https://knowledge.spadesmedia.com submitted a sitemap.

But I was a bit perplexed to find that aside from the HubSpot tracking tag there is no way to add in the GA or GTM container to knowledge base articles.

Not sure if this is an oversight, a bug or a feature request.

Can't seem to find anyone else reporting it.

It would be helpful because we could then create remarketing lists in Google Ads or Facebook (or anywhere else for that matter) where people might have viewed a page or a category.

Anyone worked it out?

Jim BanksSetup, media buying and support for ecommerce merchants using Shopify who want to leverage the HubSpot Growth Stack.
HubSpot Gold Partner
1 Accepted solution
rick_d
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there @jimbanks & @jackz

I wanted to share this workaround for you to use in order to add the GA to the Knowledgebase. In order for this to work you would need access to the Marketing Hub to be able to edit the specific domain the knowledgebase is hosted on. 

Choose the domain here (Settings > Website > Pages > Integrations): 

2019-08-19 15_22_17-Settings.png

and then toggle the "Integrate with Google Analytics" for the domain the knowledgebase is hosted on. 

You can ignore the blue banner with the alert, this does not apply in this case. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
rwong
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Was looking for a solution for a customer too and came to this thread. 

I found an open Idea thread and upvoted it over there: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-Google-Tag-Manager-Google-Analytics-to-knowledge-...

Rebecca Wong
Senior Technical Consultant
Professional Services | HubSpot
rick_d
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there @jimbanks & @jackz

I wanted to share this workaround for you to use in order to add the GA to the Knowledgebase. In order for this to work you would need access to the Marketing Hub to be able to edit the specific domain the knowledgebase is hosted on. 

Choose the domain here (Settings > Website > Pages > Integrations): 

2019-08-19 15_22_17-Settings.png

and then toggle the "Integrate with Google Analytics" for the domain the knowledgebase is hosted on. 

You can ignore the blue banner with the alert, this does not apply in this case. 

JL7
Participant

SOLVE

This dpesn't help us, because we are using the Google Tag-Manager and want to add more than just Google Analytics to the knowledge-Base. In order to comply to the new European Cookie-Policy we need to add a script into the header that integrates a Cookie-Banner that also makes sure all of our tracking is running correctly.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jimbanks,

HubSpot currently doesn't support any custom scripts on the Knowledge Base (including Google Analytics). If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend creating an idea in our ideas forum.

Thanks,
Jenny

jackz

SOLVE

so, it still cannot add google analytics to knowlege base right now? why cannot do this, I think it's very basic features and easy to develop.

0 Upvotes