Knowledge Base Tool

XAmbridgeLave
Teilnehmer/-in

Adding continuous scroll to a knowledge base

lösung

Hi Community,

First time posting. I am trying to design my companies knowledge base, and have found that an infinite scroll style would fit perfectly with our articles and content. However, after a quick google I have not managed to find any information on how to implement this. Would anyone be able to help me in this area?

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jonchim
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

hey @XAmbridgeLave,

ahh I just realized that we created our own manual KB template different than hubspots KB. Apologies, I don't think there is a way to edit the template at this time. 😞 

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten
jonchim

lösung

Hey @XAmbridgeLave,

Probably not worth it, it's easier to manage everything in the KB, less chances of something breaking with the system. Hoping HS will let us customize it more in the future though!  

Jon Chim

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
jonchim
Lösung

lösung

hey @XAmbridgeLave,

ahh I just realized that we created our own manual KB template different than hubspots KB. Apologies, I don't think there is a way to edit the template at this time. 😞 

Jon Chim

XAmbridgeLave
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey @jonchim Just wanted to ask if you are able to walk me through your KB template building tool? I think we are willing to put the resources on creating this for ourselves. 

0 Upvotes
XAmbridgeLave
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Oh no, is it worth building my own custom template? If I were to build a custom template, would I be able to link this to our hubspot? Not having continuous scroll is not the end of the world, but it would be a cherry ontop of this little project

0 Upvotes
jonchim

lösung

Hey @XAmbridgeLave!

You can try using https://infinite-scroll.com/  to wrap your knowledge base listing in.

In the demo you would just replace your article feed with the knowledge base posts 

https://infinite-scroll.com/demo/full-page/

<div class="knowledge-base-feed">
  <!-- .knowledge-post will be added to .knowledge-base-feed -->
  <div class="knowledge-post">...</div>
  <div class="knowledge-post">...</div>
</div>

<!-- status elements -->
<div class="scroller-status">
  <div class="infinite-scroll-request loader-ellips">
  </div>
  <p class="infinite-scroll-last">End of content</p>
  <p class="infinite-scroll-error">No more pages to load</p>
</div>

<!-- pagination has path -->
<p class="pagination">
  <a class="pagination__next" href="page2.html">Next page</a>
</p>

Jon Chim

XAmbridgeLave
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Jon, would this require me having a seperate website? or am I able to implement this to our current KB? From a brief inspection it looks like I can set the infinite scroll to sections of the KB and allow for next page for different catagories. This may be the perfect solution if I can get it to work. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jonchim

lösung

Hey @XAmbridgeLave,

You should be able to build this right into the hubspot template for your current KB. If you want to send over that code i can take a look to see if it's doable.

Jon Chim

XAmbridgeLave
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @jonchim , When I edit the template or click 'customize template' I don't see any field for entering or editing code. I am new to Hubspot but have got a fairly solid foundation knowledge, so any resources you could point me to would be great!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Thank you for your post @XAmbridgeLave !

Hey @Kevin-C and @jonchim , do you have experience in implementing continuous scroll?

0 Upvotes