Knowledge Base Tool

DKeating
Participant

Add Sub-categories to KB Home Page 'Tiles'

Is it possible to use Sub-categories on the 'Tiles' template for the Home Page?

We have two distinct groups of Categories. 'How to use the product' and 'How to manage users' each with their own Categories and Articles.

We currently use HelpScout for our KnowedgeBase which allows us to have the two distinct sections, and shows tiles for each (sub) category underneath. Can we can do the same in HubSpot?

We could 'promote' the sub categories - but that would lose the separation that we currently have, where we can offer distinct KB sections for different users.

6 Replies 6
SNigam
Key Advisor

Hello @DKeating ,

Thank you @kvlschaefer for tagging me!

So I think yes, it is possible to use sub-categories on the 'Tiles' template for the home page in HubSpot. You can create a parent category for "How to use the product" and "How to manage users" and then add sub-categories for each of the main categories.

To achieve this, you can create a custom module for your home page, and then add the tile images and text for each sub-category within that module. You can also link each tile to the respective sub-category landing page.

HubSpot provides various options to create custom modules for your home page, including drag-and-drop functionality and custom coding. You can choose the option that best suits your requirements and design preferences.

I hope this will help you.

Thank you 

Shubham Nigam

DKeating
Participant

Do you have any instructions to help us set this up?

0 Upvotes
DKeating
Participant

Do you have some proper step by step instructions for how to set that up, specifically for Knowledgebase Tiles?

It seems a lot of extra work to custom build something that HelpScout simply does out of the box.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DKeating,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @Jnix284@AnxiouslyEager, @SNigam - Do you have any advice for @DKeating?

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@DKeating it sounds like the response from @SNigam was in regards to a website, not the knowledge base tool.

To my knowledge, it isn't possible to surface sub-categories on the main page, only the categories can be included in the tiles.

Have you found a solution to organize your knowledge base so it will work or are you still looking for ideas?

My suggestion would be to create two knowledge bases, with a custom menu at the top that links to each if needed. That way your home page for each would have tiles to the categories, which are now currently sub-categories, and then you can further organize with other sub-categories.

It would require Service Hub Enterprise to have more than one though.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

DKeating
Participant

Thanks for your reply - the simplest solution right now seems to be stick with HelpScout.