Wanted: Digital Marketing Manager in Boston or San Francisco
The Bridgespan Group is the leading nonprofit consulting organization serving ambitious nonprofit leaders, philanthropists, and impact investors. We work with social change organizations such as the Harlem Children’s Zone and Big Brothers Big Sisters of America; philanthropies such as the Ford Foundation; impact investors such as TPG’s Rise Fund; and bold, collaborative initiatives such as TED’s Audacious Project, Blue Meridian Partners, and Co-Impact. Like our clients, we are passionate about breaking cycles of poverty and ensuring core human and civil rights. We value diversity, passion, respect, candor, and most of all having social impact and improving the human condition. If you want to work with the market leader that bridges the worlds of game-changing philanthropists, social change leaders, and impact investors, then Bridgespan is the place for you.
Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advising, and developing and sharing practical insights from this work and original research. We share those insights in the form of white papers, bylined articles and blogs, and via media, direct mail and conferences. We are a small (270 people) but mighty organization with a large and important virtual footprint in the social sector.
We are looking for a creative and qualified Digital Marketing Manager to take the lead in developing successful, long-term digital and content marketing strategies for Bridgespan. You will join the Engagement and Marketing team and play a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space, optimizing our content for web recognition as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you should have in-depth marketing experience and a passion for digital technologies and how they attract audiences. You will work closely with different teams to ensure consistency through all digital marketing channels and advise how to optimize our content for maximum attention. You should also provide forward-thinking ideas to build and maintain a strong company web presence. Ultimately, you should be able to drive all digital marketing efforts to engage our audiences and achieve our impact objectives. Your duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our digital and content marketing campaigns across all digital networks. We have a treasure trove of content and thought leadership, so the content part of the job is not so much to create new, but to identify ways to use and improve what we have to attract a wider audience.
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in digital and content marketing in the social sector. You should not be afraid to try new things, take chances, fail and test everything. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent managerial, interpersonal and analytical skills. As an important member of Bridgespan’s marketing team, you likely also have a passion for social change helping philanthropists and nonprofit leaders make the world a better place.
The Engagement and Marketing Digital Marketing Manager envisions and implements Bridgespan’s digital and content marketing to increase awareness, engage with our core audiences, build relationships with new audiences and develop leads for our new online learning products.
- Design our digital and content marketing (inbound) roadmap and capability
- Collaborate across groups to devise an overall effective content marketing strategy to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
- Create and manage content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver sales and audience awareness
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display and paid advertising
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Coordinate with digital marketing channels (e.g.; website, newsletters, emails and social media) to meet goals ensure brand consistency
- Design communication flows with audiences to deepen engagement: includes drip campaigning and multiple modes of engagement
- Measure, report on and optimize programs on an ongoing basis
- Identify and evaluate trends, insights and emerging technologies. Keep abreast with industry and market trends and best practices. optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Advise on improving online content, considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Oversee the social media strategy for the company together with our social media analyst
- Collaborate with internal teams to create effective landing pages to optimize user experience
- Manage, mentor and develop a direct report
- Research competitors, investigate benchmarks and provide suggestions for improvement
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing and content campaigns from concept to execution.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital and content marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Hands on experience with Google Analytics, marketing automation and CRM software
- Familiarity with web design
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Interest in industry associations and learning
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Persuasive presentation skills; being an advocate for your ideas and your team
- Seeks and provides mentorship
How to Apply
Please visit the following page: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=THEBRIDG12&cws=1&rid=159
At Bridgespan, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our clients achieve breakthrough results. We believe an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and their beneficiaries will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran’s status or other protected characteristics or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resources practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.