Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Which social media channel is most important to your business?

Social media is, in many ways, the ultimate way to do inbound marketing. That’s because it’s a one-to-one medium, which gives you and your company the chance to market in a direct, but very human way. Keeping the above in mind, which social channel is most important to your business (and why)? Tell us in the comments field below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Social Media Promotion lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

427 Replies 427
OmarSalah
Participant

facebook and instagram is the most important platforms to my business due to75 % of  my country intrested in facebook and instagram 

0 Upvotes
AThornburg

It's really dependent on what content we're trying to push. I work for a building systems engineering firm, so if we're trying to market a recent technical piece that a staff member has written, our best traffic is on LinkedIn, where employees can then reshare on their own pages to expand reach to their personal network. If we're highlighting a school building or stadium that has recently opened, or best traction is on Instagram (likely due to the image-focus of the platform) and LinkedIn, where more of our building design partners are present. We have also found that when we're highlighting a partnership with a school district, our best opporunities are on Facebook, which is where the majority of parents, district staff, etc. are located.

0 Upvotes
MStrickland

I would say Facebook and Instagram. They both better suit our demographic, in addition to providing access to information for everyone not directly involved in the organization. 

RBanuelosFeli

I would say Instagram allows you to share the most amount of content in a format that is easier to digest by your audience. 

Sinh_Tran

I want to become a video content creator. So I think Youtube would be the most important. My topic is random, I just wanna share about my life, my hobbies, and my standpoint.

0 Upvotes
heatherbee

Hmmm that's a tough one. LinkedIn - Our business is in the financial sector and we find this this is the most professional platform and with our biggest business audience. But, many of our partners are on Twitter as well. For recruiting, we use Linkedin and Facebook.

0 Upvotes
lpham

LinkedIn, currently working for a B2B company so LinkedIn is working sooo well

0 Upvotes
mjkuhn
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Most likely LinkedIn, as we're primarily B2B! 

0 Upvotes
NRan

I do b2b content marketing, I strongly believe that Linkedin is the most important channel for our business. 

Second would be Facebook as its the most populated social media worldwide. 

0 Upvotes
Hiary

All social media platforms it's important to your business but on different levels. 

0 Upvotes
LKovshovik
Participant

Instagram. I use it to buy goods and as a source of news.

0 Upvotes
RLederman

Currently, I work in higher education and have found that Instagram is best for reaching our students, with Twitter as a close second. Facebook seems to have more parents than students (which makes me, a millennial, feel old, haha)! Keeping those primary audiences in mind helps us tailor our posts for the different channels depending on our goals. For instance, if we're trying to reach parents of high school seniors who may be prospective students, we know to lean more heavily on Facebook. Whereas if we're trying to reach current students, Instagram is most likely to reach them.

0 Upvotes
carissajoy

Instagram because my customers wont make enough money for my services if they are young enough to be on Tik Tok, but likley not old enough to be using Facebook as much. And I think video content will be the best way to deliver content. 

0 Upvotes
dsaletovic

twitter

0 Upvotes
CHU

Facebook - the world largest social media, facebook advertising so amazing that i can connect with customer who need my products.

Tik Tok because i can reach the younger customer and tik tok channel can develop very fast.

0 Upvotes
TLAdams
Contributor

FB, the ad features are bar none.

0 Upvotes
RGupta9

LinkedIn for a startup

0 Upvotes
DVucenovic
Participant

In this moment most important in my comany is Linkedln. Itr provide contact with persons relevant to the equipment and solutions that we provide and also it is easy to share relevant info videos news or promotions.

0 Upvotes
SNazrana

Instagram

Because it has many features

0 Upvotes
AdHaen
Contributor

Hi, Instagram is a great opportunity to communicatie with your audience. However I would not rely on features in order to choose your channel. Rather I would look for the channels my audience is using and responding to.

But indeed it has awesome features.

0 Upvotes