Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Which social media channel is most important to your business?

Social media is, in many ways, the ultimate way to do inbound marketing. That’s because it’s a one-to-one medium, which gives you and your company the chance to market in a direct, but very human way. Keeping the above in mind, which social channel is most important to your business (and why)? Tell us in the comments field below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Social Media Promotion lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

427 Replies 427
someshMishra88
Participant

I work in B2B space so the important channels are linkedin, twitter and sometime youtube. Thats ofcourse based on the need because b2b majorly uses linkedin for lead generation and awareness building

0 Upvotes
Ricardo01
Participant

My most relevant social media is Instagram cause thats were i recently reach up up to 1k of followers allowing me to use some features that are exclusive for accounts with that quantity of followers.

0 Upvotes
RossEve
Participant

In my case I think is a mix between Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Because they complement each other and create a more solid brand. As an artist and crafter, it is difficult to stand out if you use only one social media. *I wished you can add TikTok and Twitch to your research, please. 

0 Upvotes
AJlh

Instagram and Tiktok as I target a specific demographic that is often found between these two

0 Upvotes
MPoynton
Participant

Facebook and Instagram. Combined, they reach the largest demographics.

0 Upvotes
SaniaUrooj

I use Facebook for my business because I have to target a wide area and age group of more than 30, and it is the most common medium among people.

0 Upvotes
JfMoncada
Contributor

Instagram and TikTok are hand-to-hand platforms. While I can communicate to my audience on Instagram, I can get organic audience to Instagram from TikTok.

0 Upvotes
DMoreno24
Participant

Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, ETC are all critical social channels for business. They help you interact with your customer base and also allows you to address problems more efficiently. 

0 Upvotes
AMørk-Løwengr

I would say that facebook and LinkedIn are the most important social media channels for the business I am working for right know.

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instagram. Engagement is high

0 Upvotes
RachelleHoreko
Participant

Facebook at the moment; most of our customers and prospects are on Facebook and also find information - be it as a secondary source - via Facebook. Over the last 2 years Instagram has slowly grown as a channel for us though. 

0 Upvotes
CPage513
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

LinkedIn is great for B2B audiences. 

0 Upvotes
ESingletary

LinkedIn and Twitter would be the two most important social media platforms to reach our current and potential customers. 

0 Upvotes
RBiscombeODea

LinkedIn for B2B but also Instagram for an engaging spin on remote work content!

0 Upvotes
venizmaja

I don't know yet because I'm new, but I'm guessing Facebook. Especially with my role where I have to write a lot, long-form ads seem the way to go.

0 Upvotes
TMcMillan
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Linkedin!  Able to showcase thought leadership and network with potential clients rather easily. 

0 Upvotes
MGutierrez8

Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn, as we are a complex B2B product/service, but we also utilize FB and Instagram on a limited basis as well.

0 Upvotes
ECarranza

I would have to say Facebook. We share a variety of content from other sources and from our blogging. Much of our audience (we are B2B) are on Facebook in comparison to some of the other channels.

0 Upvotes
iampaumenor

Social Media is a powerful tool but it makes it mor efficient if you know your target audience. For example, if your brand caters younger generation the best socmed platform might be facebook since it covers all demographics, instagram for portfolio and twitter for building conversations. But if your business tends to shift to a professional side then it might be worth to consider linked in. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each socmed channel is the key  to making it a useful tool to the brand. 

0 Upvotes
EMy1andon
Participant

Facebook this is because I can reach a wider audience
0 Upvotes
sofiaashley

Facebook and Instagram are the most important to my business because we are trying to get teh >40 demographic. 

0 Upvotes