Inbound

agulati
Academy-Professor/in
Academy-Professor/in

Which research methods have helped you curate your buyer persona?

A buyer persona is a fictional, generalized representation of your ideal customer. They help you understand your customers and prospective customers better. If you're in the process of conducting research to curate a buyer persona, tell us below! Give us your tips and tricks, and what research methods you've found success with. To learn more about buyer personas, check out the "Getting to Know Your Customer" lesson via HubSpot Academy.

768 Antworten
sgarai
Mitglied

One means of data collection that has been quite fruitful is conducting Focused Group Discussions. It's important to form these groups carefully bearing in mind they are from similar demography and stage in the buyer journey. In my experience I have observed a more layered insight when groups resonate or even dissonate about similar questions. FGDs often save a lot of time and require a grounded semi-structured approach to the discussions for maximum insight.

0 Upvotes
JHeredia1
Mitglied

Interviews - Asking the right questions.

Conversating with colleagues.

Search through their social media. 

mjones166
Mitglied

understanding customers with conversatino on social media or in person or surveys. The most important in my opinion is reviewing complaints that we can fix because people are more likely to remember the bad things.

MKTMusic
Mitglied

What would be the point

0 Upvotes
SKoback
Mitglied

In depth interviews and good conversations with colleagues. 

0 Upvotes
nickm2038
Mitglied

I have some interesting experience working within an industry in the US that is highly regulated and doesn't allow for traditional marketing methods. To curate information we had to do many face-to-face interviews. However, one particularly beneficial way was to utilize loyalty programs to gain demographic information. This was used with POS data to build out personas and position our strategies correctly. From there we were able to target specific groups at points throughout the year that gave us a competitive edge in the local market which was eventually adopted nationally. 

LTorres00
Mitglied

Conversations with colleagues. 

0 Upvotes
JLobo2
Teilnehmer/-in

Understand customer behaviors through interviews and online surveys to gather information and improve on the input given. 

0 Upvotes
JosephN
Mitglied

Understanding customer behavior and preferences.

SJensen8
Mitglied

one way that I did research on creating a buyer person is through interviews. I asked things like why did you choose to shop with us over other companies? what do you enjoy most about our store? how can we improve the shopping process for you? 

arayaneteixeira
Mitglied

Fazer as perguntas certas para a equipe de vendas, afinal, a equipe está mais proxima do cliente e possui interação direta com ele. Usaria as mídias digitais, como: linkedin, ultilizaria de plataformas de busca, como Google, SEMhush, entre outras.

De uma maneira geral, irira colher o maior número de informações possiveis

0 Upvotes
NFricano
Teilnehmer/-in

Doing the right questions to the sales team + social and search listening.

VengatRajendran
Mitglied

First thing I will do is to dig in to Linkedin and other social media platforms, will check about any news articles available on them in google. will research about the company they work for or they own. 

gvillanueva6
Mitglied

understand customers behaviour 

Rakhi7
Mitglied

Understand customer behaviour, preference, like ofcourse soical media but I'm stll new so I'm learning. That's it thanks 

0 Upvotes
K_Bright
Mitglied

Outside of direct customer interviews or asking Sales & Customer Success about what drove customer decisions, I've found a lot of "aha" moments in understanding my buyers by researching articles like "How to sell to <title>" written by people that are in that role. They will share what they care about, their vendor "icks", and share stories about their best experiences. 

Gousiya
Teilnehmer/-in

First up, I'd dig into what I already know. I'd check out who's already chatting about my stuff or buying it. Places like Google Analytics or social media give me the lowdown on who these folks are and what they're into.

Then, I'd get chatty. People love talking and sharing "wisdom". Sending out a quick survey or having a real talk with some customers can reveal tons. I'm curious about what makes them tick, what bugs them, and why they dig my product/service.

Social media is my next stop. It's like being a fly on the wall at a massive party. I listen in on what people are saying about my stuff, or even my competitors'. Forums and groups are goldmines, too, for getting the inside scoop on what my potential customers need.

Creating empathy maps is kind of fun. It's drawing out a day in the life of my customers, figuring out what gets them excited or frustrated. It makes them feel more real to me.

And, stories sell. So, I give my customer persona a name, maybe even a pet. It helps me think of them as real folks, not just data points.

Oh, and I keep tweaking these personas. As I learn more or as things change, I update their stories so they always match up with the real people I'm hoping to reach.

By doing all this, I get a clear picture of who I'm talking to and how I can make their lives a bit better with what I'm offering.

BTomczyk
Teilnehmer/-in

love this 🙂

0 Upvotes
CBRACHO
Mitglied

I prefer to do interview with mix questions, open and close.

0 Upvotes
EOre
Mitglied

as i learn more about this topic, i find quality research such as in-deph interviews,  more helpful to understand buyer personas.

0 Upvotes