Inbound

JorieMunroe
インバウンドプロフェッサー
インバウンドプロフェッサー

Which attribution model works best for your business?

One of the most common questions marketers ask when getting started on attribution reporting is which model they should use?

The answer depends on the goals of your team and the supporting analysis that’s expected of you. The important thing to remember is that there isn’t a one size fits all for attribution reporting: when in doubt use multiple models.

With this in mind:

• Which attribution model have you been using or experimenting with to measure the success at your business?
  • If you haven't quite started with attribution, what are you trying to measure or track using attribution reports?
323件の返信
VengatRajendran
メンバー

Since ours is a new startup and we wabt to learn what brings the customer to our product or which creates the awareness of our brand. and we also want to learn which leads to conversion, so I would like to fo with first touch and time decay attribution.

0 いいね!
MKTMusic
メンバー

what is the success of buying a better product and selling it

0 いいね!
HFonticiella395
参加者

Some attribute models my job uses are linear and time decay. To be honest, we start the the process but then we fail to keep up with the data. I feel that consistancy will better track our results.

0 いいね!
TBarnes75
メンバー

One of the models I would use would be first touch to have a better understanding of the impact my product or products will have on the market. From there I would go with the time decay model which helps with understanding the effectiveness of the product and the impact on consumers. 

0 いいね!
mjones166
メンバー

Time decay model attributes more weight to touchpoints closer to conversion, which aligns well with our goal of understanding the effectiveness of different channels in driving conversions over time. Additionally, we're also considering the Linear attribution model to get a more evenly distributed view of contribution across all touchpoints.

0 いいね!
SageSan
メンバー

Untill now I ran awareness campaigns and lead generation campaigns. So at that time I wasn't aware of such models so, unintentionally I used Time decay & linear attribution measurement model. Feel free to tell me if I am doing something wrong here.

0 いいね!
ajacobs123
メンバー

Depends on the goal I have. 

0 いいね!
ARodriguez12
メンバー

The best attribution model for my business should align with my objectives, provide actionable insights, and accurately reflect the contribution of each marketing channel or touchpoint in driving conversions. Regular experimentation and analysis can help determine which model yields the most valuable insights for my specific business context.

0 いいね!
Shompa
メンバー

The best credit model for a business is determined by its specific goals, but using multiple models or a combination of them can provide a more comprehensive understanding of marketing effectiveness. However, I would recommend full-path because interacting with and understanding your clients is critical.

0 いいね!
AriSaenz
メンバー

the best attribution model for a business depends on its specific goals, but using multiple models or a combination of them can provide a more comprehensive understanding of marketing effectiveness, but i would say full-path as communicating with your client face-to-face is crucial and understanding your clients.

0 いいね!
AVoskanian
メンバー

I would use time decay.

0 いいね!
SJensen8
メンバー

I would say full-path attribution because interaction with the customer face to face is the easiest way to get a conversion, but the tools that are online can be helpful as well. 

0 いいね!
alannarhodes
投稿者

My business is job hunting and content creation for personal branding and career growth. I am the product and service. For this reason, it's difficult to say which model works best. It could be linear, first-touch, or last-touch. They all apply. 

0 いいね!
K_Bright
メンバー

We are building a business so there are two models I think will be most valuable for us in the short term: 

1. First-touch attribution to help us understand what is driving brand awareness / website traffic, and 

2. Linear attribution to help us understand what campaigns and assets are having th emost influence on lead conversions. 

Once we have more customers and pipeline data, full-path attribution will help us understand what is having the most influence on high-intent revenue opportunities. 

gvillanueva6
メンバー

time decay

alannarhodes
投稿者

That's awesome; what's the business and context? 

0 いいね!
nixtshai
メンバー

Hey Jourie, 

Currently, our focus is on the single source attribution model zeroing in on the first touch point to understand the impact on our content type that helps with recruitment. And, the last touch point for the final conversion point of purchasing our product (we have a short buyers cycle). With the past Christmas campaign, we looked at the full path approach to truly understand the impact of micro and macro content but moving forward we will apply the time decay approach. 

alannarhodes
投稿者

Hi Jorie, 

I have a small tutoring business, and the attribution model that would work best would be linear. 

This is due to: 

1. a linear attribution model gives equal credit to each touchpoint along the customer journey. 

This is beneficial for my business analysis because:

1. The education sector has multiple touchpoints, such as initial inquiry, consultation, and tutoring sessions. 

2. The touchpoints in my typical client's/customer's journey significantly convert leads into paying customers.

Plus, a linear attribution ensures that all interactions are recognized and valued, providing a more accurate reflection of the overall marketing effectiveness and helping to optimize marketing strategies across various touchpoints.

0 いいね!
EJ2
メンバー

time Decay

0 いいね!
TMphahlele
参加者

If focusing on understanding the entire customer journey equally, I'd use **Linear Attribution** to get a broad view of how each channel contributes to conversions. For insights into the effectiveness of final touchpoints leading to conversions, **Time Decay Attribution** would be beneficial, highlighting the impact of immediate pre-conversion activities. This dual approach offers a balanced understanding of both overall journey contributions and the significance of actions closer to conversion, guiding resource allocation for optimal ROI.
0 いいね!