Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's an example of lead nurturing?

Lead nurturing is the process of building relationships with your prospects with the goal of earning their business when they’re ready. In practice, lead nurturing is a marketing effort focused on engaging with your leads and customers in a way that encourages them to progress toward a specific action.

Think back to the last interaction you had with a company online that led to a purchasing decision. Share that experience with us in the comments below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Lead Nurturing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

265 Replies 265
lauravelez92
Contributor

we started private messaging followers on  Ig with special offers

0 Upvotes
abhi_abduh
Participant

I have never run a business before and I'm currently a student. I use this case to build relationships with the people that have a prospected value. But if I am in a customer's shoes, I would like to know the seller's or founders' knowledge about the product that I am attracted to, secondly, their empathy of customer service role which is important to me whenever I wanted to ask for the services. 

0 Upvotes
ZDecker
Participant

Our best lead nurturing is done through interacting with other businesses and services. If we form a great relationship with them then we can help eachother spread the word about the services we offer. This can increase our audience exponentially with the least amount of effort. 

SDevenish

Most of my clients learn of my business through word of mouth, then they visit the website. I engage these leads through a medium of their choice, but the majority of the time it is a face-to-face meeting. These are clients who want to have websites built for them or managed.

wongjac
Contributor

I started private messaging followers on my Ig with special offers and coupons and manage to convert them into reservations as dine in customers.

jcorona64
Participant

I had been browsing a book store website for copywriting/seo material and later on that day I received an email with a 20% off coupon. Next thing I knew I was in bed cuddled up with my kindle. 

FCote

were you already on their data base? I guess that is YES. So it means you made an action to browse for a book and it triggled an email with a discount coupon.

0 Upvotes
TTan-Cousins
Participant

I received a retargeting ad for a pair of othortic shoes I was researching, decided to purchase it and as they offer a promo discount for first time buyer on their site.

0 Upvotes
SLTAN

I saw a promotion on a regular brand of drink that I will usually buy so I bought it online.

Aimen-Malik

I buy embriodred shirts from online business on instagram through  their Dm on instagram

0 Upvotes
KRASSIDY
Participant

The item looks cool so I decided to buy it. Nex thing I knew was I got a discount offer for my next purchase!

negozi
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

I got a targeted ad on Instagram, added the item to my cart,  and purchased! 

0 Upvotes
JohnAceti
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

My most recent online purchase saw me sign up for deals and updates first, and when a message came across (via text), offering a special sale price on a product I had been looking at (specific type of shoe being offered), I followed the link to the sale page and bought a new pair of shoes! The targeted info (in this case that a sale was going on for a product I had opened and closed without buying before) was an element of the company nurturing me as a lead

0 Upvotes
Seenu74
Participant

Jk
0 Upvotes
JCaragher
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

I saw an ad for a product on Facebook. I clicked the link to learn more, read about the product description and promise, and - much to my surprise - I purchased it! The product works as promised, and I receive occasional emails to purchase again, which I just did. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

When an ad feels more like an organic relationship with a company, that is the sign of a good ad! And glad to hear the product worked as promised as well!

0 Upvotes
BHelberg
Participant

I often check a certain site for new products (clothes) and I have purchased from them in the past.  They send me an email that something that I liked is now back in stock or on sale.  I click the link in the email to take me to the site and exactly to what they are promoting.  I make the purchase because they gave me all of the information I needed to make that decision.

Abby_Taylor
Contributor

I signed up on a movie subscription app. the app feature that got my attention was the investment opportunity feature. After reading about the feature and how it works, I proceeded to pay for a subscription option. The checkout function was a bit complex for me so I abandoned the process. Within 24 hours, I got a call from one of their staff, who tried to understand the challenge I was having and walked me through the payment process. I went on to pay for the subscription!

chemayon
Participant

I think the last interaction I had was with airbnb, and the person in charge of one specific place answered my questions and was respectful and helpful, so I chose his place. 

GDiosQuispe

Last time I had an interaction with a company was with a paper I downloaded from hubspot, now I'm on my third course of inbound and really thinking of implement the solution in my company.

LRozoHurtado
Participant

0 Upvotes