Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's an example of lead nurturing?

Lead nurturing is the process of building relationships with your prospects with the goal of earning their business when they’re ready. In practice, lead nurturing is a marketing effort focused on engaging with your leads and customers in a way that encourages them to progress toward a specific action.

Think back to the last interaction you had with a company online that led to a purchasing decision. Share that experience with us in the comments below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Lead Nurturing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

265 Replies 265
Petter
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Here's an example that might not be so much lead nurturing but more direct mail advertising and effective customer retention. But anyway, this company is called The Wine Company (pretty straightforward and non-confusing name 😉) that I've ordered wine from in the past. They repeatedly send me printed catalogues, magazines, brochures etc. with tips on new wines, short stories about the winemakers and vineyards and other good stuff. Even though I seldom buy from this company anymore (I found a competitor with better shipping options) I really enjoy reading the material they send me. So, what happened of course was that I browsed through their latest brochure the other day, discovered several new interesting red wines with an offer I couldn't refuse and immediately hopped on to their website and ordered wine for about 150 euros. Bada-bing! 

NRan

l

0 Upvotes
SFreas
Contributor

I am most likely to interact with the companies that provide value to me before I am ready to purchase. Either they provide educational materials that make it easy for me to research until I'm ready to talk, or for personal purchases they provide enjoyable content - pretty pictures, freebie patterns, cute stories. Those companies become my first stop when I go to actually purchase.

0 Upvotes
Pfernald

I send out a campaign to some acquired leads and tracked interest, opt outs, bounces and tidied up my list.  Then I continued to send out a series of follow-ups to create awareness about a problem with CTA to set up assessment and demo.  Once comany that I am now doing business with was initially one of these leads and after the assessment I provided a solution and closed a deal with this new customer.  Now I am working on their project.

0 Upvotes
jameshoty
Contributor

I had an unpleasant experience with a seller at Shopee and decided not to buy from them. 

0 Upvotes
HeleneDion

Retargeting ads are a great way for a brand/product/company to stay top of mind. It nurtures the lead not just in their inbox, but on social media, other websites, etc., so as they're going about their day they are more likely to consider your product and more likely to be enticed to make a purchase decision. 

0 Upvotes
JoanJEVNET
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Lead nurturing is important to inbound marketing because it’s your opportunity to provide value to your leads and customers and help them grow with your business. As an inbound professional, you might ask yourself,

“How do I connect with my prospects and turn them into customers in the most helpful way?” Lead nurturing is the answer.

RSands

0 Upvotes
AChansamooth
Contributor

Recently signed up for Jarvis.ai copywriting software.

1. Saw a fb ad about the software
  2. Joined their free FB community - one of the most highly engaged groups I've seen (and I've been in hundreds over the years). Also saw that a few marketers I know and respect were also in the group.
  3. Watched their free FB Live demo & webinars shared in their FB group
  4. Signed up for their free trial to try out the software - loved what I saw
  5. Received emails from them announcing cool new free webinars and offers
  6. Upgraded to their pro plan when they offered a special deal
  7. Started creating my own free resources to help others learn and use the tool

dsaletovic

of course

0 Upvotes
CHall3

online shopping where I left items in cart and I got cart abandonment emails to remind myself to purchase item

0 Upvotes
ERaker
Participant

Great costumer service 1:1 online, gained brand loyalty, wanted to support brand through purchase 

0 Upvotes
JG-22
Participant

Toyota.  They generated my desire to interact with them by sparking my interest and creating desire in wanting to purchase a vehicle.  They nurtured that desire by getting me into a dealership, purchasingthe vehicle, utilizing their service, and brought it full circle by offering incentives for trade in when it came time to replace the vehicle.

0 Upvotes
DVucenovic
Participant

After first contact and establishing communication via chat, prospect shows interest for equipment.

He becomes MQL, after sending him brochure, he answers back with his e mail and signature, and he is  now SQL. Than we distribute info through our CRM to the sales person and than sales procces is in progress. Appointment, quotation, sales, delivery, commisioning, aftermarket, NPS Survey are next steps.

A lot of steps but point is that we keep prospect engaged with providing right data or action. in this case first was engage, than providing with leaflet, and that, sales person take over and do their part of the job.

0 Upvotes
najibakash

looking after them is lead Nurturing

0 Upvotes
najibakash

Looking after them if they have any issue with or related my service is lead nurturing.

0 Upvotes
JMorrison
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

I have experienced this in the past by building and maintaining relationships with customers in order to re-sign a contract or deal. 

0 Upvotes
Gjuliani
Participant

yes baby

0 Upvotes
DSpace

Trigged the customer needs in each step and keep follow up to make a close
0 Upvotes
JClubb

Visited the website and then began getting targeted social media ads. A post in my Instagram timeline caught my eye, the product was on sale, and it was a "feel good" buy.

0 Upvotes