Inbound

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's an example of lead nurturing?

Lead nurturing is the process of building relationships with your prospects with the goal of earning their business when they’re ready. In practice, lead nurturing is a marketing effort focused on engaging with your leads and customers in a way that encourages them to progress toward a specific action.

Think back to the last interaction you had with a company online that led to a purchasing decision. Share that experience with us in the comments below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Lead Nurturing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

265 Replies 265
CarolinaPM
Participant

The last interaction i had with a company that lead to a purchasing decision was an online library, that had the book "Marketing Management" by Kotler and Keller at a better and lower price than the competition.

0 Upvotes
MPoynton
Participant

Amazon does lead nurturing really well... they seem to know what I need even before I do!!

0 Upvotes
APiglia
Participant

creating friendships with boat owners and offering free boat photoshoot and social media throughout years 

0 Upvotes
Blonzao1

Lead nurturing is effective when it's contextual, timely and useful! So hard to execute correctly

0 Upvotes
SAlMuhaidib

1. the website design and how easy it is to use and order from.

2. the content they have on their SM pages.

0 Upvotes
JfMoncada
Contributor

I like where you can save your last purchase when it is about food and restaurants. All the details are on there when I have the first communication with them.

0 Upvotes
AGomez1

My dermatologist recommended to buy a gel that I couldn't find in stores, I went into a website where I found it but they were charging a lot for shipping, so I decided to look deeper, Amazon didn't have it then, I found it at Walmart online with a higher price but with a free shipping option. After the purchase, Walmart sent me an email confirming the purchase and the expected delivery time, in the email was mentioned they will keep send me updates about the shipping status, which is great to keep you informed. From the initial search to the actual buy, I sent three days, where I saw different ads on my phone showing me the product I wanted to buy and directing me to the website I looked at first. 

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Social media marketing is an example of Lead Nurturing 

0 Upvotes
RYadav4

Hi, 

A great way of explaining lead nurturing. I will try to use it for my company.  Thanks

Regards

Rajesh Yadav

0 Upvotes
someshMishra88
Participant

i Have never done lead nurturing. I have just started learning things in DM

TPrunyi

I follow several fitness YouTubers, and I purchased one of their training programs.

0 Upvotes
DMoreno24
Participant

Giving Informative information such as testimonials, reviews, Q&As, and also emails with offers or reminders. 

0 Upvotes
CPage513
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

I've seen great examples of lead nurturing from e-commerce sites like Chewy 

0 Upvotes
MrOneCarlos
Contributor

Beardbrand kept enticing me with their beard commercials, then their combs, then their products. I finally bought the package price when I saw it WAS NOT sold out. Those marketing geniuses!!!! Now I feel silly after learning all this!!!

0 Upvotes
GSchwalbach

Offering discounts or promo rates for products Ive added to a cart is a great strategy. However, I do think that some ecommerce sites are far too pushy after a sale is made in trying to acquire more sales. The bal;ance between being helpful and offering items of genuine value and being pushy needs to struck

0 Upvotes
KMcGee

An example would be that you saw a white paper that discussed a subject you were interested in "How to look for jumping worms" if you are a gardener and then you were sent the next paper in the series: "Ways to Prevent Jumping Worms"

0 Upvotes
RBiscombeODea

Via an online store I frequent. BY using the insights they have gathered from my shopping/searcing behaviour, I get served unique sets of communication that would only make sense to me as well as those who have demonstrated the same interests. 

0 Upvotes
HNghiemThanh

The last interaction I had with TIKI eCommercethat led to a purchasing decision, when I was buying some books for my son. They have organized website and good customer service in Vietnam.

0 Upvotes
JLaktash

I shop online frequently. Often, I've seen ads or email offers that get me interested. If not, I typically just find what I need on Amazon.

0 Upvotes
AprilDMiller

A makeup brand I like (bh cosmetics) released a new line of eyeshadows. I clicked on the marketing email to look at different options but didn't end up adding anything to my cart. The next day, I got a follow up email with the subject line, "We saw your looking 👀". When I opened it, it featured one of the new palletes and included reviews from past buyers. Their tone is informal and they're always doing cute or creative stuff to sell their products, so the eyes just kind of worked and I ended up buying a bunch of cosmetics that day.

0 Upvotes
sofiaashley

The last interaction was when I started to receive emails saying that I left items in my cart and that now they're on sale after leaving their website

0 Upvotes